Confession

~ Ethan's POV ~

We pull up outside her house, and I turn to smile at her "Tonight was fun!"
She laughs and tucks her her hair behind her ear "Yeah, spitting water on the floor is exactly how I wanted to spend my evening!"
We both laugh at that as images of the evening flash in our minds, today we were filming another Dont Laugh Challenge with Mark and Tyler today, and today some of the shit we pulled had us in stitches.
"Thanks for driving me home Eth, I really appreciate it." She smiles at me kindly.
I grin back at her "No need to thank me (Y/N), it's kinda fun to just relax after a pretty crazy day, and Im glad I got to do that with you."
A small blush creeps it's way onto her face, and to try and stop me noticing, she turns away from me and looks out the window "Im glad too."
A small silence falls over us, as I reach over and place my hand over hers, which rests on her thigh. Her head slowly turns to face me, and when our eyes meet, her blush intensifies.
(Y/N) clears her throat, and the sudden sound in the previous silence makes us both jump "Can I ask you something?"
I raise an eyebrow and take my hand off hers "Of course, what is it?"
She laughs nervously and stares straight ahead of her, and it's almost like I can see her debating how to phrase what she wants to say "I just...have you noticed that you and I have these 'moments'?"
Though Im pretty sure I know what she's talking about, I want to be sure "What do you mean?"
(Y/N) blushes again "O-Oh god, how do I say this, uh...y'know how in movies, people will have moments together where they'll just smile at each other, something as simple as that, but it's something only between them...more often than not it's a romantic thing."
I smile "Yeah, we definitely have those."
She nods, but doesn look back over at me "I've just, uh...I've been thinking about it a lot, about those moments, like that time you made me smile when I was crying and you kissed me, I've been thinking a lot about how that made me feel. I-I dont know why you'd have an interest in me, but I know that I really hope-I want you to have an interest in me, the same interest that I have in you. T-To, uh, to put it bluntly, what Im trying to say is that I really like you, and I was just wondering if you felt the same way..."
She looks down at her legs, her hair covering most of her face. I watch her, my smile widening as I notice how red her face has gotten, and I think about how nervous she was throughout that entire confession. I've never seen or heard her so nervous and shy before, it's so strange, but at the same time I know for certain it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen. My mind travels back to all the moments we've shared together, little smiles, compliments, flirtatious smirks and winks, suggestive comments that left us both flustered, the short hugs and kisses that never lasted long enough. During every single one of those moments, regardless of the situation, the feeling I got was exactly the same. My heart would pound in my chest, my cheeks would heat up, my palms would feel sweaty, I'd grin like an idiot, and I'd feel this swelling joy inside my chest. God, I want nothing more than to stretch all of those moments out and just live with that feeling constantly, because the second those moments end, it disappears, and Im left craving it.
(Y/N) takes my silence the wrong way, and hearing her sniffle brings me out of my thoughts "Sorry, I shouldnt have offloaded all of that on you, I know it's a lot and it's super sudden, I really dont want you to feel pressured into liking me back or anything like that. This was a stupid idea, Im sorry, I'll just go." She reaches for the car door.
I grab her hand, shaking my head frantically "No, please dont go!"
(Y/N) turns to face me finally, with teary eyes and a concerned expression "Why? Im just making things awkward between us."
I shake my head at her "You never make things awkward, not for me."
A single tear slips down her cheek, and Im quick to wipe it away with my thumb.
"Why're you crying?" I ask her in a soft voice.
She sniffles "I realised that what I just did has completely changed our friendship, we can never be the same again."
I smile at her "Maybe that's a good thing."
(Y/N) raises an eyebrow "How?"
I shrug "I dont exactly want to go back to being a pair of friends who deny their feelings, that's shitty compared to what we could be."
Her eyes widen "Wh-What are you saying?"
I grin at her "I like you too, ya goofball."
A bright smile spreads across her face, and before either of us have time to process what's happening, she leaps into my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck and burying her face in my shoulder as she releases the biggest relieved sigh I've ever heard, as if she'd been holding her breath this entire time.
I laugh and wrap my arms around her, holding her "I know this is really short notice, but do you wanna go out on a date tonight?"
She pulls away from me slightly, just enough to see my face "Definitely! But it's too late to go out and do anything, and honestly I cant be bothered, so do you wanna just binge watch Harry Potter and not sleep at all, which will ultimately cause us both problems tomorrow but it's totally worth it just to watch Snape sassily sway everywhere?"
I grin at her "You read my mind!"