Lonely #1

~ Your POV ~

You release a relieved sigh as you collapse onto your bed after a particularly long day, and almost as soon as your head hits the pillow, your phone vibrates in your back pocket. Christ, you havent even gotten into your pyjama's yet, and already Animal Crossing has a new update? With a frustrated, and slightly over dramatic groan, you retrieve your phone, bit when you read the notification on your screen, your mild frustration is replaced with a bright smile.

Ethan: it's lonely here without you

As quickly as you can, you change into your pyjama's before launching yourself back onto your bed and typing out your response. You know for a fact that if you replied instantly, your conversation would carry on and you'd completely forget to change your clothes.

You: it's much quieter here, but not as lonely as it used to be, cuz I've got some company 😁

Ethan: haha, how's the baby doing?

Just as he asks, your baby comes waddling into your room, before he jumps on you bed and sits beside you. Grinning down at him, you kiss the top of his head, and then turn your attention back to your phone.

You: he's great! He misses you a lot, but not quite as much as I do, obviously 💙

Ethan: awh, baby, stoppp, you're making me wanna attempt to WALK home!

You: I mean Im not gonna say that you shouldnt do that

You: actually, that's a long way and potentially a lot of danger, as well as a large sea that you'd have to "walk" across, so scratch that idea

Ethan: I cant believe you can make me laugh this hard over texts 😂

You: part of my charm babe 😉 anyway, on the subject of Gavin, I took a truly beautiful picture of him today!!

Ethan: and you havent posted it yet!?! Send it to me IMMEDIATELY! I want to see my little boy

You: here he comes

Ethan: LOOK AT OUR BABY BOY 😭❤️

You: Gavin truly is the goodest of all the good boys

You turn to look down at Gavin and cant help but smile at the sight of him.
"You're the number one good boy in all the land, arent you?" You tell him, and he instantly starts wagging his tail excitedly against the bedcovers, causing you to laugh.

Ethan: I still cant believe we called him Gavin

You: hey, what's right is right!

Ethan: what's right is that you should be heerrreee :(

You: but I've gotta be a good mama to our baby!!

Ethan: fuck it, bring him too

You raise an eyebrow at your boyfriend through your phone screen, is he being serious?

You: wait, really?

Ethan: definitely, Im barely surviving this tour without you, and if bringing our son on a tour bus is what it takes to persuade you to come with me on the next tour, it's the only option

Without sending a text in response, you open your phone front camera and start recording yourself. Once again, you look down at Gavin, but this time with an expression of curiosity.
"Gavin, what do you think about going on tour?" You ask him.
Gavin just stares at you, dumbfounded.
You try to rephrase your question "Do you wanna go see your dad?"
Immediately, Gavin barks and starts viciously wagging his tail with joy, making you laugh and shake your head as you end the video, and send it to Ethan. He replies within a minute.

Ethan: you look absolutely stunning 😍 promise me you'll come on tour next time?

You: wouldnt miss it for the world babe, this apartment isnt the same without being able to hear you scream at video games everyday 😘

Ethan: hahaha, yay!! Can I post that video you just sent? It's adorable, and I feel like we're punishing the world by not posting it

You: go on then, share the video of our bouncing baby boy with the world!

Ethan: not forgetting my gorgeous girlfriend who also makes an appearance 😉

You: Im not there to kiss you rn so
you're not allowed to say things like that, it's illegal

Ethan: you cant stop meeee

You: I can actually, by going to sleep, goodnight!

Ethan: it's only 8pm over there! Long day?

You: ridiculously

Ethan: awh, I wish I was there to give you the necessary cuddles! Let me just post that video on twitter and then I'll call you 😘

You: sure thing lit fam squad ✌🏻

For the next few minutes, you cuddle Gavin and scratch behind his ears, then you squeal over him giving himself a good scritch with his feetsies. Your twitter notifications go off, and you open the app to see that Ethan has posted the video, captioning it "these two will be joining me next tour, cuz Im getting withdrawal symptoms from adorable content like this 😍". You roll your eyes at his cuteness, and like the tweet just before he calls you on facetime. Rolling over, you turn off your bedside lamp, and accept the call.
"Hey baby." Your favourite voice speaks quietly through the phone.
A smile is immediately brought to your face at the sound of his voice "Hey Ethan."
He laughs slightly "Wow, you sound exhausted, I'd better get started or you wont even make it through the first verse! Most nights, you at least get to the chorus."
You giggle "Yeah, Im not sure I'll make it that far tonight, sorry."
You watch him smile at you through your screen, and clear his throat before his lips part again.
"Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I cant help falling in love with you." Ethan sings quietly, and even without the sound of his ukulele, he sounds perfect.
As he continues to sing, you feel your eyelids getting heavy, and you cant hold them open anymore. Your eyes close, the sight of Ethan disappearing, but his soft voice still floating into your ears. Gavin snuggles up in your arms, and the two of you drift off to sleep to the sound of Ethan singing, as you have done every night he's been away.

Once he knows you're asleep, Ethan stops singing, and Mark knocks on the bus door.
"You done man?" He asks.
Ethan turns and opens the door, still smiling from his conversation with you "Yup, all done!"
Mark laughs and shakes his head "It's beyond cute that you sing her to sleep every night."
Ethan shrugs at him and glances down at phone, to see you and Gavin fast asleep.

"It's the only way for her to get a good night's sleep without me there to hold her."