Devil's In The Backseat

~ Your POV ~

It started off subtle, but it's been there since the day you met. When you think about that day, how you locked eyes with him as soon as you entered the room, the way you looked at you from the start...you can still feel the goosebumps on your skin. You never even dreamt about meeting someone like him, much less on the set for a youtube video with your good friend Mark. From there, it escalated. Your first conversation was dripping with casually flirtatious words, and that was how you thought things would stay. How foolish you were.

The next time you saw him, his hair was blue, and he was wearing a shirt with a couple of buttons undone. The two of you had been invited to a party hosted by a mutual friend you shared. Neither of you had any idea the other would be there, but as soon as you entered the room, it was like you felt each other's presence before even seeing each other, and god, when you saw each other, you couldnt take your eyes off of each other. That night, the intense glances were thrown constantly, and the smirks and winks exchanged were filled with so much lust, you still wonder how you held it together.

He asked for your number that night, and that was when you knew this was turning into something more than just senseless flirting. Admittedly, at first, you were apprehensive, but you two texted back and forth whenever you werent busy, and your text conversations were much like your face-to-face ones, the only difference being you two actually got to know each other.

By the time you met up with him the next time, at a formal youtube event in which he was wearing a suit, to say that you two were struggling would be an understatement. You were waging an all out war against the sexual tension. Seeing him in a suit did something to you, and evidently the dress he saw you in did the same thing to him. Before you knew it, he was giving you a seductive look as he made an excuse to leave his friends, and you followed his lead. You dont know what it was, but you two had reached some sort of wordless understanding that, in that moment, you wanted each other, and you werent going to fight it anymore. When you got in his car, he drove you round the corner to a secluded spot, and he turned to look at you. Those goddamn hazel eyes liquified you as he asked you if you were sure you wanted to do this, and you just about managed to breathe the word "yes" given how awestruck you were.

Since then, every time you have seen each other, the same thing has happened. You throw each other glances until you cant take it, and then you make up reasons to leave, you go to his car, and you allow yourself to give into your desires. You still text each other as flirty friends, and no ground rules have been discussed, but you're pretty certain on the foundations that this is a friends with benefits situation. Needless to say, that sort of relationship with him is one you definitely wont complain about.

You cant help but laugh at a cheap joke your friend makes, your cocktail glass in your hand as you take sips from it every so often. It's been a while since you've seen him, though you do still talk, and you cant help but wish he was here, because as much as you dont want to admit it, you miss him. That thought causes your expression to drop, and you frown at the floor as you ponder these thoughts. There arent some underlying feelings here, are there? Your friend places a hand on your shoulder and asks if you're alright, you simply nod in response, but your thoughts are consuming you. Perhaps it's the alcohol making you overthink, or has this thing you've got with him been going on too long?

Suddenly, you feel that familiar magnetic pull, and you lift your gaze, your eyes finding him in a matter of seconds. Ethan. The red dress you slipped into for tonight feels like it's constricting your entire body, because it's yearning for him. You bite your lip at the sight of him. His once blue hair has returned to it's natural colour, and you cant deny those chocolate brown locks are a definite welcomed sight. You can tell that the suit he's wearing is fitted to him, and when he smiles at Mark and Amy, butterflies erupt in your stomach. Fuck, that shouldnt be happening. You distract yourself by looking back at your friend and engaging in conversation, but less than a minute passes before you feel a pair of eyes burning into you. At a quick glance to your side, you see Ethan's eyes raking up and down your body, taking you all in, even from the other side of the room. You smile to yourself, but you force yourself to resist looking at him, tonight you're going to play hard to get.