Luke's Flower Child

Mulai dari awal

He was confused. How did it grow so far so fast, and then suddenly not grow at all?

The petals were big and folded over themselves, as if they were protecting something inside it.

Luke poked it and the plant shuddered. Luke gasped and brought his hand back quickly.

He waited, but the flower just righted itself and was still.

He breathed out slowly and carefully grabbed the pot, moving it out of the sun and into the shade. The flower shivered.

Luke nearly dropped the pot. The plant continued to shake and Luke pushed it back into the sunlight.

It stopped shaking and was still. Luke bent down and squinted. The light was shining through the petals, and Luke could make out a shadow inside the flower.

Now he was torn, did he open the flower to see what was inside and damage the flower, or did he wait and hope the flower would grow some more? He put the plant back on the windowsill, replacing the screen.

"Hello?" Luke called to the plant. "What are you? Can you come out now? Wake up please!"

He went to touch the plant again, but the petals suddenly started moving and he froze.

The giant petals slowly twisted open and spread out, revealing a tiny boy sleeping in the middle of the flower.

Luke gasped and inspected the tiny child.

He had long, curly brown hair, and was strangely tan. Luke figured it was because the plant had always been in the sun. He had small flowers in a ring around his head like a crown.

The boy sleepily opened one eye. He sat up and stretched. He blinked up at Luke and smiled. "Hi there!"

Luke screamed.

The boy frowned and tears welled up. "I'm sorry! Please don't cry!" He stood up and walked to the edge of his flower. "I'm sorry I scared you." Everywhere he stepped, a small patch or grass or a flower would bloom, then disappear.

Luke scrambled backwards. He stared at the tiny child in shock.

The boy looked around. He placed one hand on the screen and gave it a push. It didn't budge. He tried again with both hands but he was to small to move it. "Could you help me please?" The boy asked. His voice was high pitched and strangely cute.

Luke caught his breath and slowly crawled to the window. He removed the screen carefully. "What are you?"

The boy smiled at him. "I don't know. I was just born, I don't know much things."

"Um, well how did you get in that flower?" Luke asked.

"I don't know." The boy jumped off the flower and walked along the windowsill.

"Well, do you have a name?" Luke was desperate for a answer of any sort.

"No, but you can give me one." The boy smiled.

"How about I get you some clothes first?" Luke asked. He stood up and went to his sisters old room. She still had her old dolls in her closet and Luke found some clothes for the flower child.

"Here, these are skinny jeans, and this is a shirt, do you know how to put these on?" Luke asked, handing the items to the boy.

The tiny child scoffed. "Of course I do! Um..." He went to the winow and threw the clothes at it. They fell down to the windowsill. The boy sighed. "I have no idea what I'm doing."

Luke laughed and helped the boy put the clothes on. "There silly." The boy smiled. "Thank you!"He brushed his hair out of his eyes and Luke noticed how long his hair was. "Do you want a head band for that?" He asked, getting up again. "Here, wait right here."