You're Human

Your P.O.V

I punched the last guy, knocking him out cold. I sighed, rubbing my already swollen knuckles from previous fights. Bart ran up from beside me, "Don't you think that last hit was a little too harsh?"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "Since when is punching a bad guy too harsh?" He shrugged, seeming to reconsider what he had said. The others walked up to the two of us at a quick pace, but everything had seemed to be going in slow motion: their feet as they hit the pavement, the slow swing of their arms, and the smiles that grew wonder as they grew closer. I was zoning out.

"Where are the other men?" I questioned looking toward Connor and Cassie.

Connor smirked, "Chained to a lamppost about two blocks away." I sighed, my shoulders slumping. Another victory yet it felt like such a loss. Connor noticed this faster than the others. "You okay?" Connor asked empathetically.

"I will be," I state. I peeled the glove off my hand and looked at the bruises covering my normal skin color.

"That doesn't look okay," Solstice pointed out the obvious. I didn't respond.

"Still haven't heard from him?" Cassie worriedly spoke as if I was a piece of porcelain she was afraid to break if she spook too much about the topic. In response, I shook my head from side to side.

"I'm just, " a long breath escaped from my mouth, "I'm just worried. It's been two months and still, not even a phone call."

Miguel walked by my side and swung an arm around my shoulders, "You're human; it's okay to worry, you know." I smiled softly at his words as he began to lead me in a different direction, "Now, how does pizza sound for dinner?"

~~~~~

Tim's P.O.V.

"Damian's down, " Dick took cover to the right of me, ducking behind a create as a sentry gun wasted many rounds of bullets in an attempt to kill us.

"We need to do something," I stated bringing out my staff.

"You don't say," Dick readied his escrima sticks, bolts of electricity sparkling from the top. Then he threw one in the direction of the machine. The sentry gun began to fire bullets in different directions, after being hit by the small staff, giving me enough time to sprint up and neutralize it.

I sighed in relief and looked over to Dick, who seemed equally relieved as I did, then walked over to where an unconscious Damian laid. "Will he be alright?" I asked concerned even though the young Wayne acted like an angered chimpanzee most of the time.

"I always knew you had a soft spot for the kid, " I rolled my eyes as Dick picked up Damian from his underarms and drapes him over one of his shoulders, "He'll be alright."

I sighed in relief and made my way out from the warehouse we had been in, walking beside Dick. "Where did Bruce go?" I asked barely realizing that the ex-vigilante had gone missing.

Dick shrugged, "Don't know, haven't seen him since Damian got knocked out." I pushed down the anger that began to build up faster than the Flash himself. then climbed onto my bike while Dick hopped into an older version of the Batmobile after putting Damian in the passenger's seat.

~~~~~

"Where the hell were you, Bruce?" Dick shouted, walking into one of the many Batcaves in Gotham. This one, in particular, we were using as our main base of operations. Bruce didn't even turn around nor acknowledged our presence upon entering. Instead, he just continued to type whatever he had been typing on the Bat-computer.

I had Damian's arm swung around my shoulder to give him support before the kid's legs gave out from under him, but it was obvious he was annoyed by my presence, especially since I was helping him.

Damian scoffed as I led him over to one of the medical beds in the cave. I helped him settle down onto the bed; He rolled his eyes. "I could've walked over here all by myself." He pouted.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Tell that to your excessive leaning on me as you walked." He rolled his eyes again. I looked back over Dick and Bruce as they bickered back and forth then back at Damian, "How about you get some rest, kid."

"Don't tell me what to do," he grumbled, laying on his side and turning away from me. The nerve this he had. I slowly began making my way towards Bruce and Dick. As much as I knew that Dick had a strong point, we had work to do.

Once I got close enough, I placed my hand on Dick's shoulder. He looked at me with confusion as I shook my head. At first, it looked like Dick was ready to make a simple battle into a war, but then it dawned on him on what I was silently saying. Dick let out a long sigh, shot Bruce a death glare that could scare thousands, then walked over to where Damian was.

I sighed and walked over to where my laptop and phone, where I had left them, then picked up my phone only to see a missed call from (Y/n) and a new voicemail. I knew immediately it was from her and feared for the worst. Within seconds I had unlocked my phone and opened my voicemail. Shaking like leaves on a windy day, I held my phone up to my ear to hear her voice:

"Hey, Tim. It's me again. *sigh* I just really miss you and I'm really worried. It's been two months and I haven't heard a word from you. I get it that you're busy, but please, Tim, at least let me know you're alright. Love you."

The voicemail ended, shivers and waves of guilt ran through my body; how could I do such a thing? How couldn't I do something as simple as telling her I was okay? I opened my contacts and clicked on her name. My finger hovered over the call button for a second then Bruce's voice rang in my ears.

"Tim, this code needs to be decrypted," Bruce stated in a monotone voice, "I need to work on an anti-toxin. Think you could handle the challenge?"

I frowned as my finger moved away from the button, "Yeah sure, just one second." instead I clicked on the message button and wrote a simple yet meaningful phrase in the text bar:

"I'm okay, (Y/n)."

Then I hit send.

~~~~~

I know it's been a while since I last updated. It's just things have been getting hard, but I think they are finally starting to lighten up.

At least I found the time to post it today on Halloween!

🎃HAPPY HALLOWEEN SPOOKY PEOPLE!🎃

Love you guys and thank you for everything!❤️❤️

And also, sorry if it sucks...

-Nightingale💙