What Is Sleep?

Your P.O.V

New York City, I'd never imagine seeing myself here, but here I am...

I didn't even think this through properly. How am I supposed to know where he is?

Well I do know his phone number, maybe I can trace it. No he wouldn't be that predictable. What if I just hacked security cameras at the air port then I can follow his movements with the help of all the rest of the cameras throughout the city.

That might work, but I'm not to sure. It just might have to do for now.

~Time Skip~

I walked down the very crowded streets of New York. I have to admit though, Gotham is still colder and the nights are Darker.

I think I have found Tim's location. It's at some Lex Corp building which has some apartments on some floors.

I was able to sneak past security and was able to make it to the elevator without anyone noticing me.

I watched the elevator numbers change as the elevator went more up and I have to say that made me nervous.

I don't even know if Tim lives here for sure. Maybe he does, but it's also a possibility that he doesn't.

The elevator door opens and I walk out. After beginning to walk down the hall, I began to feel my stomach twist and turn.

'Why am I nervous?'

Once I got to the right room number, I knocked. My heart was pounding in my chest as I waited for him to open the door.

A minute pasted and no one had answered the door, so I knocked again.

That's when the door flew open and standing there was him. Tim Drake, wide eyed and surprised.

"(Y/n)?" he didn't bother waiting for my response though because he quickly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a hug, which I quickly returned.

"What are you doing here?" he asked pulling away and having one of the most biggest smiles one his face.

"I thought maybe you could use some help." I answered as he dragged me in.

"How did you even get here?" he questioned walking over and plopping down onto the couch, "And how did you find me?"

"First off, Jason," I explained, "and I kind of guessed your location." I walked over to the couch and sat next to him.

He looked over to me, "I missed you."

"I missed you, too." he then pulled me in for a passionate kiss. As if on que we pulled away when a beeping noise went off.

Tim quickly got up and made his way over to a device. I followed.

"Uh, what's that?"I asked as he pressed on a button which formed some type of holographic computer.

"My work." he stated clearly, but his confidence was short lived once he sighed, "Another teenager went missing."

I placed a hand on his shoulder, "Hey don't be down," I reassured, "We'll figure this out together." He turned around and hugged me, pulling me closer.

"Can you give me a quick tour?" I asked, still in his embrace, "this place is to big for me to explore alone, I'd probably get lost."

He chuckled, pulling away from the hug, "Of course," he grabbed my hand and began to drag me off, "let's go."

~Time Skip~

"Come on," I urged, pulling him towards the bed, "let's go to sleep."

I began to walk towards the bed until he caught my attention, "What is sleep?" I knew he was joking, but he still surprised me.

I turned and looked at him, "When's the last time you slept?"

"Hmm," he began going into deep thought, "five days ago probably."

My eyes widened, "Okay then, when's the last time you had a decent amount of sleep?"

"About three months ago." he stated nonchalantly.

"Timothy Jackson Drake," I yelled, making him jump, "if you don't go lie down in the next five seconds, I'll be sure to break your coffee machine and take away your gadgets for a week."

"You can't take away my gadgets!" he argued.

"You wanna bet?" I put my hands on my hips as he began shuffling towards the bed, "That's what I thought." I smirked in triumph.

I watched as he slid underneath the covers and got comfortable. I joined him and laid down next to him, placing my head on his chest.

I was just beginning to slip off into a deep sleep until I heard a beeping noise. I opened my eyes slowly and saw him on his phone.

I grabbed his phone and threw it on the nightstand right beside the bed.

"Goodnight, Timothy." he groaned in response.

Just when I had thought he was going to give up and go to sleep, I heard another beeping noise.

'For someone who is supposed to be stealthy, he sure does get caught real easily.'

I opened my eyes once again seeing him mess with some wrist-computer watch thing, "Really?" I sat up in bed and looked at him, holding my hand out, "Give it to me."

"But--"

"Give it to me." I commanded. He stuck his lower lip out and began to pout, but I didn't give in. He sighed slowly taking off the watch.

Once he handed it to me, I threw it across the room, "Hey!" he shouted, "Watch it! That's very expensive technology!"

"'Expensive technology' my ass. You could mess with it in the morning," I sassed, "now go to bed, it's late."

"Ugh, fine!" I giggled and laid back down.

He did the same and warped his arms around me as I snuggled into him, "Goodnight, Tim."

"Goodnight, (N/n)." he kissed the top of my head, which made me smile as I fell asleep.

/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\/*\

Finally done writing the chapters. I've just been having a hard time getting by, but I finished.

Anyway hope all of you all have been having a good week!!!

-Bye💙