A Risk Willing To Be Taken

Tim's P.O.V

"What the hell, Bruce?" I shouted a little to loudly then I should have. (Y/n) had been resting on the couch after our resent mission since she had taken quite a beating, but she was able to pull through just enough to get to the nearest safe house. Bruce had followed us since the two of us needed to discuss some things. For one, why he didn't tell us he was alive.

"You've been gone this whole time! Gotham was in chaos, we were stressing out, and you were who knows where doing who knows what!"

"We both know I have reasons," he spoke coldly. Why wasn't I surprised? It's the way he'd usually talk, but you'd think after leaving for a while he'd have at least a teaspoon of empathy. "Plus, I sent you an encryption."

"I don't see how that makes this any better," I sighed and tried my best to calm my rage which was building faster than a roaring fire, "Do the others know about this?"

He shook his head, his expression still stern, but something was different about it, excluding the way the little stubs facial hair added onto his already intensive gaze, "You're the only one I've confronted so far."

I inhaled a sharp breath, running my trembling hands through my tangled locks, "We're your family, Bruce! You can't just duck-out on us just because something doesn't go your way!"

"Look," He started in a monotone voice, each word stabbing through the air forcefully as if he were trying to cut through it, "you can either listen to what I have to say or I can leave, your choice." He crossed his arms over his broad chest, glaring at me menacingly.

"Talk," I grumbled annoyed, just having him stand in front of me made me feel queasy.

"Instead of working as Batman all the time, I started to work in Gotham's undergrounds." He explained toneless as if for all the time he's been gone, his emotions were left back at what remained of Wayne Manor, lying beneath the rubble.

"Breaking crime from the inside," I added crossing my arms.

"Yes, it also helped protect the fact that I was still alive," Bruce than seemed alarmed about the topic and his face softened, but he seemed to regain his composure soon after he too noticed his weird action. "The Joker's back." he deadpanned.

My eyes widened behind the lenses of my mask and my mouth hung open in shock as I stumbled over my own words, "W-what? H-how?"

"I don't know," Bruce uncrossed his arms and let them hang by his sides. He paused and sighed, "If you don't want to help I understand, but it's your decision, Tim. You have a life and I get it if you don't want to get involved."

I looked back at (Y/n) and sighed. Bruce was right, this was risky, but if I didn't help, how many lives would be at stake?

I looked back at Bruce and took off my mask, obvious dismail coating my features. "He has to be stopped," the uneasy words rolled off my tongue.

He nodded and looked back at me, "Do you have any idea where Dick may be operating?" his voice deliberate, probably hoping not to piss me off.

Too bad I already was.

"Maybe if you had told us you were still alive, you'd know." He glared at me, yet it didn't seem to bother me too much. In fact, he deserved my harsh treatment.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "He's operating in Bludhaven, carrying out your "dying wish"." Then I remembered something, more like someone. I raised my hand to my chin thinking about it, "As a matter of fact, he might be coaching Damian."

Bruce's brows furrowed, "Damian?"

A snicker escaped my lips, "That's right, you haven't gotten the chance to meet the little devil."

Bruce still seemed puzzled but ignored the fact that he had no idea what I was talking about. He then looked over at (Y/n), "How'd you meet her?"

I gazed at (Y/n)'s sleeping figure and let a breath draw out, it escaping my lungs before I spoke, "The job."

"Crimefighting?" He questioned, a bit of astonishment lingering in his voice.

"Victim." Bruce acknowledged my words and decided to end it there, seeing my obvious discomfort.

He began rounding up his stuff and started heading to the way out, "I'll meet you back here at midnight tomorrow." I nodded, turning around and pretending to be preoccupied with something else, but in reality, I was only trying to avoid any further conversation.

"And Tim," His voice rang through the air. I turned around and faced him, "Thank you for going through with this."

I only bobbed my head, I couldn't muster the right words at the moment to answer his sudden gratitude.

Once I heard the sound of the safe house door click shut, I took it as a cue to groan and run my hands over my face. I shuffled my way over to the couch and picked up (Y/n)'s head, sat down, then rested her head on my lap.

She began to stir, her lashes raking over her (E/c) eyes as she opened them, "Tim?"

I messaged my temple due to a headache I felt pounding against my skull, "Yeah?"

"Is everything okay?" She asked groggily, her voice still hoarse from barley waking up.

Was everything going to be alright?

I ran my hand along her arm, gently brushing over her skin before sighing. "Yeah, everything is gonna be fine," I lied straight through my teeth.

Although, I didn't sound too convincing. Not even to myself.

~~~~~~~~

And that's the last chapter for today!

Thank you everyone for the support and everything you do. Also I hoped you enjoyed all the chapters I posted today.

-Nightingale💙