A Better Day

-8 months later-

Your P.O.V

Everything's been good. I've gotten use to the concept of school, and have grown a really good bound with Tim.

Dick says that I still need to get use to the world around me, so he tries to take me out of the apartment often. Tim goes most of the time, but he usually makes up an excuse like 'I got homework' or 'Oh, sorry, I was going to go somewhere with my friends'.

I just try my best to ignore that nagging feeling telling me that he's lying.

Right now I'm on my way to school with Tim. Tim is actually the smartest kid in the school! His insanely popular, especially since he was the adopted son of Bruce Wayne, meaning a lot of girls hit on him.

Tim and I usually walk to school since Dick's work hours interfere with dropping us off.

Turns out Dick works for the Blüdhaven Police Department, which is pretty cool.

We got to school with no problems. I was just hoping today would be better.

To be honest, Tim was my only friend. Everyone thinks I'm a weirdo because Dick Grayson had to take me in.

A group of girls usually would come and mess with me for a bit then walk off, but I don't let what they say hurt me.

My day had been going good so far until after lunch.

As I went to go get my books from my locker, a group of girls appeared behind me, pushing me to the floor.

"Look at the loser." one of them snarled, I think her name is Lilly or something like that.

I began to pick up my books and got up and looked at the girls, the 3 girls to be exact. I pushed them out of the way to attempt to get to my next class, but one of them just dragged me back to the place I had been before, making me drop my books again.

"Can you all just leave me alone today," I exclaimed, "I'm actually trying to have a good day."

"Really," one of them implied, "and how is that going for you?"

"Good until I saw you." I shot back.

She rolled her eyes, "Sure what ever." she remarked, "Your just sad 'cause you'll never be popular like me."

"Um, who would want to be like you?" I questioned.

"Please everyone wants to be like me," she sassed, "just go back to the hole you came from and stay there because your life was a mistake."

"If you want an example of a mistake you should go ask your parents." I mentioned.

She raised her arm meaning she was going to punch me, "You son of a--" I was getting ready to block her hit, but someone grabbed her hand before I could've even attempted to.

Then I noticed who it was. None other than Tim Drake. 'Damn he has fast reflexes.'

"That's enough, Leslie." Tim interrupted. 'Leslie? Dammit I thought it was Lilly.'

Leslie flipped her hair back as if nothing had happened, "Oh hey Tim," she flirted.

"Are you alright?" Tim asked, turning to me with a look of concern. I nodded in response.

"So Tim, maybe we can go somewhere and--" Leslie tried to speak, was cut off by Tim.

"Oh don't play that game with me," he growled.

"What game?" She asked.

"That stupid shit when you try to act like an innocent bystander, but in reality you were the cause of the problem." He barked.

"Are you really going to be on her side?" Leslie argued, "I mean look at her, look at how ugly she is."

'Wow that hurt a lot.'

I looked down at my feet. Maybe she was right. Now I didn't know what I was going to do? I bet Tim's on her side now.

But shockingly he wasn't, "Ugly? The only thing ugly is your personality." I looked up shocked at Tim. 'Did the Tim Drake just say that? Like the innocent Timothy I've known for months?'

"Excuse me?" Leslie shrieked.

"You heard me," Tim called out, "bye now."

She turned around the other way, glaring at me before she began walking away.

Tim turned to me and once again looked worried, "Are you sure you're alright? Did she hit you? I can take you to the nurse or--"

"I'm fine Tim," I implied, "really there's nothing to worry about." I was about to grab my books until Tim grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

"No (Y/n)," Tim snapped, "you getting bullied is something to worry about." Tim sighed, "How long has this been going on?"

I looked away not wanting to see his reaction, "Three months."

He sighed again, "Why did you hide something like this?"

"I don't know." I lied.

"(Y/n), that's some of the biggest shit you've ever told me." Tim stated.

'Wow, I've never seen Tim so mad before. It's kind of scary.'

I looked down at my feet, shuffling them side to side a little, "I was scared." I admitted.

"Why?" He questioned.

I sighed, "I was scared that you would agree with them and... think I was useless."

"(Y/n) I'll Never agree with them," Tim smiled, "and your not useless."

I smiled and gave him a hug. I guess he didn't expect it because he seemed kind of shocked at my actions, but returned the hug anyway.

Tim pulled away from the hug saying, "Well we have about a minute to get to class, so..." he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, "see you later?"

"Of course," I told him, "we live in the same apartment you weirdo."

"Oh yeah right," he stuttered blushing, "Bye." he walked off, pushing threw a small crowd of people to get to his next class.

I stood there until I heard the bell ring, 'God dammit, I'm late! Oh well.' I shrugged my shoulders, got my books off the floor and walked off to my next class.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

I have school tomorrow, NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Okay to bad for me, but I think my spring break went well. Hopefully you all had a good week, too!

Shit, I need to go to sleep. Oops.