The Red Bricked Apartment

Your P.O.V

I slumped back against the chair that I sat in, which was I front of my laptop.  I was so worried, and I was getting to the point to which I couldn't stand it.

It's been two weeks and still no signal, no word, from Tim. Maybe he was staling to find out more details, but he would have at least sent me some type of message. With harsh movements, I shut my laptop a little harder than I intended to and walked out of my once shared room.

I missed him unconditionally. There is nothing that could get my mind off of Tim, trust me I tried.

I couldn't even think straight when we would go on regularly scouts around the city. In my current state, I am a treat to society.

I entered the kitchen seeing Kon was already there taking making his midnight snack, "Nice to see that you've come out of your "fortress of solitude"," he joked, making a sandwich, "what have you've been up to?"

I sighed, opening the fridge door to grab an orange juice (sorry if you don't like OJ), "I really don't want to talk about it."

"Why not?" he pressed, leaning against the kitchen counter, taking a bite of his food he had just finished making, "I mean, we all know why you never come out of your room."

I sighed, "Look, it's just that... I'm sorry," I apologized, "I'm really worried about Red. I still feel guilty for leaving him."

"Hey, that was his call, not yours."  Kon set his sandwich aside on the counter coming up to me, putting his hands on my shoulders.

I pushed myself out of his grip, not wanting to be touched, "I know that, but I can't shake it off like some bad memory." I frowned feeling even more depressed.

"We'll find him," Kon pulled me into a tight hug, "I promise."

~~~

I had just got to Bludhaven not too long ago and let's just say I was already regretting it. I made my claim to the Titans that I needed to get some advise before I could move on to saving the world.

It didn't take me long to look up my old friend and discover where she lived. Hopefully, her shift hours were still the same.

I walked up to a red bricked apartment building, that I was sure looked nicer on the inside than it looked on the out. I entered the building's front doors, taking my dearest time because we all know time is slower when you really want it to fly past you at the speed of light.

A huge knot was caught at the bottom of my stomach, did I really want to do this?

I took a little more time than I was expecting just to get to the elevators that had been operational in the main lobby. My fingers ghosted over the misty colored buttons, not knowing if I should press them, or not. I shakily pressed the button that had been printed with the number three on it, then the machine began to move, pulling me up floor by floor until I reached my destination.

The door slid open almost as hesitant as I was. Well, there was no turning back now. I kept a simple pace, darting down the hall with my bag I had just remembered was there, slumped over my shoulder.

My heartbeat quickened as I neared the door, the numbers labeled 216 on a little silver plaque. I held up my hand ready to knock, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I stood there, frozen in an iceberg, motionless.

After a few seconds of a mini panic attack, my fist lightly hit the door three times. A few shuffles came from the other side of the door along with furniture crashing to the ground until the door opened.