Jacksons on the Prowl. Chpt 22

Brooke's pov.

"I'm with him we just left the school your dad is on to us but we are hiding in the woods." I said into the phone talking to Stiles who was at this moment in Derek's car trying to lose Kate who was following them.

"Stay with him ok don't you dare leave his side." Stiles said concerned as he yelled directions at Scott who I assume is the one driving the car.

"Ok we will see you soon. Stay safe babe... I love you." I said into the phone.

"I love you too." Stiles said hanging up the phone as I turned to look at Derek who was crouched behind some bushes.

"Brooke come here I think I hear them coming." He said grabbing for my arm before we started sprinting towards the junk yard on the other side of the woods.

As we aproaced the area Derek sat us down behind a huge piece of machinery used for moving stuff.

"Stay here I will be right back." He said looking at me stearnly.

He ran Infront of the crane before screaming out as a bright light shown in the air.

"Brooke run." I heard him say before he came back to the other side.

We began running down the street away from whatever or whoever it was that just scared the shit out of Derek.

Derek's car came rolling to a stop right next to us as Derek ripped open the back door and basically threw me inside as shots began to be fired, before he himself got into the car slamming the door and ordering the boys to drive.

The gun shots continued to be fired at the car causing odd pinging noises. Derek laid his upper half over me protecting me from anything that might penetrate the glass or metal of the car.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?!?" Scott yelled back at us.

"I tried to keep him from going in but he was all like. 'Im Derek and I'm big and strong and I need to save the world." I said as Derek glared at me.

"We almost had him Brooke he was right infront of us until the freaking police showed up." Derek said hitting his fist on the back of the seat infront of him.

"Wow hey they're just doing their jobs." Stiles said defending the men and women he had grown up around.

This caused Derek to then give Stiles the signature 'I'm pissed off' glare.

"Ya thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the United States." Derek yelled again now looking at Scott.

"Can we please get past that? I may have made a massive mistake I get that!" Scott said rolling his eyes.

"Alright!! How did you find him?" Stiles questioned Derek.

Derek turned to look at me.

"I may have shuffled through a few papers on Mr Harris's desk. And found a hit list with everyone of his family members on it. When I saw that I asked Derek and he said the name Harris was the last thing his sister found."
I said as the boys stared at me with open mouths.

"Why him?" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure yet." Derek stated.

"What about the symbol." I pried so Derek would take out the sketch and show the boys.

He pulled out the sketch revealing a crest with an animal in the middle.

"Ughh." Scott said rolling his eyes.

"What? do you know what that is?" I questioned leaning forward.

"No but I've seen it on a necklace." Scott said looking angry.
"Allison's necklace." He finished.