Alpha and Me. Chpt 16

Brooke's pov

"I swear to god you'll like it." Jackson screamed at my sister as we sat in the car infront of the movie store.

"No!" Lydia said looking bored as she picked at her nails.

"I'm not watching the notebook again!" Jackson insisted.

"Yes you are." Lydia said plainly.

Jackson huffed getting out of the car and slaming the door.

I quickly followed needing to get the movie batman for Scott Stiles and my movie night tonight.

Running a little to catch up with Jackson I finally reached the door.

The phone was ringing inside as Jackson yelled looking for someone to help him find the notebook.

"Jackson I'm going to grab my movie it's somewhere in the front corner." I said as he nodded at me.

"Hello?" He yelled again as I made my way deeper into the store.

Finding the shelf I ran my finger across the movie titles before hearing Jackson yell again.

"Is anybody working here?!?"
He bellowed.

I found my movie grabbing it before I heard a loud pop. Looking up I saw that the light had died sending sparks to the ground.

"You have got to be kidding me. Brooke come here we are leving." Jackson yelled again.

"Ok one sec." I came out from behind the shelf.

Looking at him walking up the isle. And then he was gone it looked like he had fallen. And then another pop happened like last time with the light but now all the lights in the store were black.

"Omigod Brooklyn get over here now." He screamed in terror.

I ran over half expecting to see that there were no more copies of the notebook or something but what was actually there was way worse.

A mans body lie on the floor, throat slit and covered in blood.

Jackson was now on his feet again and I turned around eyes watering and ran into his chest.

His arms wrapped around me strongly comforting me.

"Brooke we have to get out of here now." He said pulling me out infront of him by my shoulders.

We both turned to look at the front exit but only saw a set of bright red glowing eyes.

Jackson's breath hitched in his throat and although I knew exactly what it was he had no idea.

Jackson grabbed my arm pulling me down behind a movie shelf.

Still breathing heavy he tried to quiet me by shushing me and grabbing my arm.

"Make a run for it now." He said pushing me up as I took off down the isle only to see him fall and the shelf begin to topple over hitting and trapping both of us.
~~~~~~~~

I sat in the back of the ambulance. Jackson stood to my right and Lydia sat on my left.

"So what do you remember again?" The man asked me for about the fourteenth time.

"I told you, it was an animal... A bear or a mountain lion maybe?... It knocks the shelf onto us and I don't remember anything else."

"Where did this bruise come from?" He asked pointing to the large hand shaped purple mark on my lower left arm. Looking at Jackson he shook his head telling me he didn't know where It was from.