Tall Dark and... Creepy. Chpt 3

"Where the hell are we even going"

I snapped at Scott and Stiles as he took a turn onto another unfamiliar street.

"One sec Brooke we are almost there" Stiles said grabbing my arm and rubbing it reassuringly like a parent does when you get aggravated with them.

I rolled my eyes pulling my arm from his grip and rested my head on the window. We finally pulled over to the side of the street and parked. Stiles and Scott jumped out of the car.

"Brooke you stay here."

Scott ordered.

"I don't have to listen to you." I said back to Scott very sharply. He just rolled his eyes and looked at Stiles for help.

"Brooke you know there is going to be a lot of dirt and bugs and wild animals also in here right?"

I nodded at Stiles' stupid question.

"I know that and that's why I don't want to go, but still, I'm not not going because Scott told me not to go. Got it?"

"Nope."

"Not a clue."

The boys said in unison

"Omigod you boys comprehend nothing."

As I took my seat back in the car I pulled off my pumps and rubbed my feet as I shuffled through my purse for my phone.

When I finally found it I dialed Lydia's number.

"Hey babe what's up??"

She answered nonchalantly.

"Not much Lyd but I'm on the outside of the woods because Stiles and Scott needed to get something from it."

"Remind me again why you hang out with them."

I rolled my eyes at her comment but laughed anyways.

"Brooke, Jackson's friend Carter wants to go on a double date with us. I told him I'd try to get you to come would you be interested?"

She said into the phone

As I was about to answer I saw the guy from the parking lot walk through the woods about 30 feet infront of the car. If he is Scott's friend I'm sure he's going to see Scott, I mean who would come out to this random ass part of the woods by choice?

"Hey Lydia I have to go I'll call you in a bit."

"No. Brooke. Wait. What about Cart-"

I hung up the phone and got out of the car silently.

I started to follow the older man through the woods. He was turning towards the direction Stiles and Scott were headed. It wasn't until I was halfway into the forest standing behind a tree and listening in on theses guys conversation that I realized I was bare foot. Oh god mentally face palming myself I lean closer to hear the conversation.

The man in the black jacket looked like he was about to beat Stiles to a pulp, him and Scott fumbled to their feet off the ground where it seemed like they were looking for something.

"This is private property." the man in the blak said

Ok he doesn't seem like Scott's friend, from the look on Scott's face I don't even think he knows this handsome stranger.

Scott and Stiles mumbled a few things back to the guy before he threw Scott's inhaler at him.

"Brooke you can come out now"

he yelled at me never even looking back To see if his assumption that I followed him was correct. He just walked away.

I walked towards the boys as Stiles hit Scott on the chest.