Don't Break. Chpt 8

Brooke's pov

I sat in the seat next to my sister as my headphones drowned out the beeps and conversations of the hospitals first floor waiting room.

Lydia has dragged me here yet again to wait with her while Jackson gets his stupid shoulder injected with something to make him better for the game.

If that's all we are here for I don't get what's taking so long. And I mean it's not like Lydia is even paying attention to me. She's on her blue tooth or something.

I opened up my phone to go check my messages. Opening one from Stiles that

read:

-Scott has proof it was Derek, don't go anywhere near him.

- Brooklyn Bee Martin, why aren't you answering me this is important.

-Brooke I'm coming to the hospital now don't leave without me.

I scrolled down to the keyboard preparing to type a response when I heard an all too familiar voice.

"Brooke did you not get any of my messages?"

Stiles said running up to me

"I just did. Why?"

"Omigod Brooke you never check your phone."

He cocked his head towards Lydia.

"Is it just me or does she never answer her phone, sometimes I feel like she does it on purpose but then again I'm not sure."

Stiles continued to go on and on about how I never answer and blah blah blah.

"Do you agree with me?"

Stiles asks Lydia, finally finishing up his rant.

Lydia looked at him with the same degrading look she always does. She then proceeds to remove her blue tooth and give Stiles a once over.

"Ya I didn't get any of what you just said is it worth repeating?"

"Uh, uh no, sorry." Stiles said turning around looking at me and giving me that

'Wtf is her problem' look he always gives me when Lydia brushes him off.

"I know... I'm sorry."

I mouth to him so Lydia won't hear.

He looks at me and sadness suddenly takes over his face.

"Brooke I need to talk to you."

"Stiles if it's about the messages then I'm sorry too I shouldn't have said that stuff."

I said and his brow furrowed.

"No, no it's not that, well I mean I am sorry about that but it's something different."

"Different how?"

I ask as Stiles stares at his feet.

"Different like really different like I need to-" Scott ran up behind Stiles grabbing his shoulder.

"Holy shit dude."

Stiles says looking at him.

"It's the same we need to go, now."

Scott said looking at me.

"Brooke you can come too, what's up with your hair?"

I looked down at it.

"What do you mean I straightened it, does It look bad?"

"No no it looks beautiful it's just um I like it better natural."