Chapter 12 - The Magical Day Has Arrived

Prom started at 7:00pm and the girls were getting all prepped up. Of course they wore the dresses and that they'd got and Mauritus was just finishing off her glittery cheekbones. It was 6:55 and Crystal was begging Mauritus to hurry up.

"Wait! I need to put this on and -AHH!"

Crystal grabbed Mauritus's hand and pulled her out of her chair.

"Crystal calm down. It's okay if we are a couple of minutes late." Lyla said, "Mimi sit back down and I'll just finish it off for you quickly."

"Fine..." Crystal said.

"Thanks."

"Oh and Crystal, here," Lyla said.

She gave her a crystalline necklace and Crystal put it on.

"Thanks, Lyla." She giggled.

"No problem. Now let's go."

Mauritus sat in back seat with Crystal and Lyla. Kyle was already there so Lukas and Jacob sat in the front.

They sped off to the school...

---

As Lukas helped Crystal out of the car, Kyle did the same with Lyla. Whereas Mauritus, the feminist she is, got out herself, despite the fact that Kyle offered. Kyle and Lukas gave their dates their corsages and entered.

As they went inside they saw marvels of decoration, a bright dance floor and a very talented DJ. There even was a small stage for announcements and other things.

Jacob got everyone drinks and the Prom had began with a great start.

First, they had the usual dancing, with everyone free styling it. Mauritus was quite a talented shuffle dancer, whilst everyone stood around her clapping and cheering, she danced her heart out. And no one could tell that she was pregnant, that's for sure!

Then came a short break and the couple dances started. Kyle led Lyla onto the dance floor with Crystal and Lukas and all of the couples dancing. Mauritus stood to side. As did Jacob. As Lukas went past he nudged Jacob on the shoulder. Lyla winked at Jacob and diverted her eyes to Mauritus. Jacob gathered all of the courage he had and asked.

"Mauritus... may I please have this dance?"

"Of course." She replied, blushing.

They looked amazing together. They both know how to dance well and were looking into each other's eyes.

Lyla felt like she would burst of excitement!

As Mauritus and Jacob were dancing she giggled and her face glowed. She hugged Jacob and he blushed wildly. He looked at Crystal to help but she nodded mouthing,

'Go with it.'

 And so, he did.

He put his arm around her and pulled her into a warm hug. 

Lyla literally had to hide behind Kyle to stop her from exploding.

Jacob whispered into Mauritus' ear,

"You know I still have feelings for you."

Mauritus looked at Jacob. Her eyes searched his face, his eyes, and he looked back into her's. Jacob pressed his lips against Mauritus'. She was shocked at first. Then she kissed him back. It was pure magic.

Everyone started clapping even the  DJ! 

After a few minutes Mauritus came to the punch table where everyone else was, hand in hand with Jacob. She picked up a drink. And clinked the glass with everyone others.

 "Guys...the baby is kicking really h-" she muttered before her legs gave under her causing her to collapse.

Luckily, Jacob caught her. 

Everyone started panicking.

Lyla rushed over to check her friend's vital signs,

"Weak pulse, and shallow breathing. Maybe some kind of extreme fatigue? Crystal, call an ambulance!"

Kyle double checked Mauritus' vital signs with panic in his eyes, and Crystal was in tears, so Lukas took the phone.

"What caused her to become unconscious?" Ms. Addams said.

Everyone was silent until Crystal piped up,

"She's pregnant Ms!"

Jacob broke down.

All of the color drained out of the teacher's face.

The Paramedics burst in.

 Kyle told them what happened and Mauritus was rushed over to Midvale Hospital.