Chapter 8 - When we were seventeen...

Life is a journey and time moves on. Now everybody is 17/18 and in their last year of 6th Form (Year 13)...

Mauritus is who she promised to be. Sassy, courageous, outgoing, living life to the fullest, feminist, still short. She never did forget about the love triangle but she ignored it for most of her life.

Lyla was confident and strong. An empowered woman empowering more, and forever supportive.

Lukas went from the fiend to the friend, or maybe more than friends for Crystal... Lukas knew it was time, time to step up and become somebody to Crystal. He loved the way she looked, the way she smiled at him despite how he tormented her, the way her personality fit her perfectly, the way her hair compliments her face, everything about her she loved, good and bad.

They have gone on little trips together before but this was different.

Lukas calls Crystal and invites her to the park to ask her the question, one that can change lives. She says 'yes' and goes to the park.

Once they arrived at the park, they had a lovely picnic, had long chats, looked at the little kids and just purely enjoyed life.

Then Lukas finally asked. He said,

"Crystal Davies, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my girlfriend? I love you, every part of you, from head to toe. So please, it would be an honour to be your boyfriend. What do you say?"

Crystal was stunned. Her face lit up and was glowing. She was blushing like anything. Finally, she replied by saying,

"Lukas Jonas Anderson, I would love to be your girlfriend!"

Lukas picked her up off her knees and swung her around.

...

The next day Lyla got a call from Kyle. She wasn't expecting a call but hey, no one expects to fall in love.

Lyla and Kyle got really close over the past few years. Kyle wanted to become a Forensic Scientist and Lyla, a Detective.

Things have happened in Kyle's life. His mother was murdered and his father was accused of the murder. Kyle knew that his father didn't murder his mother. He said that he saw something that night, but did he really?

Lyla believed him because he knew that Kyle would never lie.

Anyway, Lyla and Kyle have gone out together on some occasions, just the two of them, sometimes Lukas and Crystal, sometimes Mauritus and Jacob.

Back to the call.

Even Kyle wanted to ask that question.

So he asked Lyla to meet at their childhood school, where they grew up together. Lyla was suspicious but agreed anyway. If anything happened, they both still knew how to fight, Lyla more than Kyle.

30 minutes later...

Lyla was by the old swings just sitting there. Then Kyle came.

"Hey!" Lyla said, "So why did you call me here?"

"I need to ask you something." He said, "One that can change lives and how one lives."

"Okay..."

Kyle looked at his feet, held his arm and flushed red.

"Lyla Mathews," He began, "You have made my life certainly one to live. You have been by my side for as long as I can remember, even if we aren't you know, physically together. You have made me a better person. You have changed me for the better. Thank you. Lyla Mathews, will you be my girlfriend?"

Lyla's mouth opened wide.

"Wow... I didn't know you felt this way..."

"I do... Do you not?"

"Of course I feel the same way. I would love to be your girlfriend."

Over those two days, four lives have been changed. Let's see how the next three do.

...

Mauritus and Ryder had been talking a lot over the last couple of months. One day Ryder called Mauritius and asked her to come to the school. Mauritus didn't know why but she didn't ask.

When Mauritus arrived, the grounds were sparce. There was nothing much to be seen, except humid, summer-night, dark empty fields. She scanned the area to see...nothing. Then felt a familiar presence behind her.

Ryder then came out from the shadows, his bronze hair flowing lightly along with Mauritus' black.

"Boo." He said.

"Can't fool me!" She said, chuckling. "Ryder, what is this?"

"I remember the day we first met," He began, "We were really young and I was sitting outside of my house, crying. Then you came up to me and said, 'Are you okay?'. You had a black eye because your parents were abusing you a lot that day. I said, 'Am I okay? Are you okay?'. Then you said, 'I'm used to this, being abused by my parents.', I said, 'Same here.' Then we both said,

'Hey, I know it's tough, but you will get through it.'

And from that day on I knew we were going to be friends." He said, "Mauritus 'Mimi' Maritime, will you be my girlfriend?"

Mauritus loved Ryder a lot but remembered that Jacob liked her too. She had a choice to make.

"Yes, I would love to."

Then something special happened... they kissed.

...