Chapter 13 - The Talk.

Jacob and Mauritus's dad was in the hospital room.

Mauritus was unconscious. She was on oxygen, and everyone was standing around her bedside in intensive care. Nurses were discussing, and Mauritus's dad was sitting in a chair and Jacob was holding Mauritus's hand. Euan was looking at Jacob.

"Excuse me, I believe you are the one who saved my daughter?" He said.

"Why, yes it was me." Jacob said.

"How much do you love my daughter?"

"More than you think."

"Mauritus or Lyla?"

"Mauritus, sorry Lyla."

"Na don't worry I would choose Mauritus too." Lyla said.

"I approve." Euan said.

"Excuse me? I don't follow Sir." Jacob asked.

"You can date my daughter." He said, "But if you break her heart I swear I will..."

"Okay, okay stop there honey. Leave the kid alone." Mauritus's mother said.

Everyone was happy and smiling by the fact that Jacob had got a sort of happy ending.

Once Mauritus woke up, the Nurses came and said,

"Miss Maritime is fine, it was because the baby was moving around a lot, depleting her energy quite quickly, and now she's just resting and...it's a girl!"

Everybody was full of excitement and joy, and for the first time in ages, Mauritus's parents were smiling and hugging, together.

"She's about 3 months in so I guess we'll see you guys soon!"