n o w o r d s

Jason

Something told me that there was something off about Michael's father, and I could feel Justin freeze behind me as we entered Michael's home.

I grabbed Justin's hand, leading him inside with a firm grin - seeing as he wasn't moving or talking.

"His room is up there in the end on the left... you will have to push hard on the door. He likes to barricade it." John snickered, before walking off into some other room.

I rose a brow, "Stay close, yeah?"

Justin had a terrified look on his face, and I wasn't sure why he was so scared... it's just Michael's, right?

There was something gnawing at the back of my mind, trying to tell me there was something I wasn't picking up. Like I'd forgotten something? Or there's been a clue I needed to piece together.

I decided to hold off on asking him what was wrong, at least until we left Michael's.

We made our way to his room, I ignored the holes in the walls, and smashed photo frames scattered across the hall way.

We reached Michael's door, the door itself having a huge crack across the centre, making it appear to have a top and bottom half.

"Is it normally so, violent looking?" I lightly joked, despite feeling like there was a lot of drama happening at this house.

I knocked on Michael's door, hearing some form of snoring coming from the room.

Justin squeezed my hand tighter, swallowing,"I wanna go home..."

"I thought you wanted to see if Michael was okay?" I whispered to him, and Justin looked up at me as if he were a child in absolute fear, "Whats wrong?"

Justin shook his head, "I... I tried telling you this weeks ago-"

Justin was cut off by the sound of a painful groaning noise coming from Michael's room, both of our thoughts must've changed to the same thing, with both Jason and I beginning to try and open the door.

Michael's father was right, he did barricade the door.

Something heavy was leaning against his door, making it a bit more difficult to push it open enough for either of us to squeeze inside.

I managed to use my strength to open up the door enough for Justin to get through. Once he was inside the room, he struggled, but managed to move whatever was behind the door.

I finally got into the room myself, glancing at the set of chest drawers that had been perched behind the door.

I then glanced around the completely pitch dark bedroom, unable to see anything at all.

"Michael?" I cleared my throat, Justin standing right beside me.

I began to feel around the wall for a light switch, not hearing a reply, instead another groan of pain.

I finally felt the switch, flicking the light on in the room. It was trashed to the max with empty beer bottles, clothes scattered, and a few broken plates.