o l d f r i e n d s

Justin

"Jason?" I peeked my head into some bedroom window, my heart pounding against my chest as I snuck into the room in which Jason assured me he'd be in.

I cautiously stepped onto a daybed, before securing my second foot inside the room.

I counted the windows, I made sure... but of course once I was officially in the room, Jason was nowhere to be seen. Oh god, what if this is the wrong house!?

I'm going to be shot breaking into some innocent persons house!

I slightly relaxed upon noticing Jason's dufflebag sitting on the bed. Barely unpacked, other than a few clothes laid out on the bed, probably what he was planning to wear next.

Where the hell is he, though? I cant just sneak through the house to find him.

I sighed, sitting on the bed in slight annoyance. I sent a text to Jason's phone, hoping he would come back to his room quickly.

I was a lot more confident these days, but this made me anxious in a different way.

I didn't want to be found by an adult and blasted at about being here.

Much to my annoyance, I didn't receive a reply from Jason.

Well, I can't just sit here and wait for him - I either need to leave, which I don't want to, or I sneak through the house to find him... I didn't want to do that either.

Deciding with the latter option, I stood up and headed to the door, trying to be quiet as I opened the door slightly.

It was dark in the hallway, and that made me more nervous. I took a deep breath and began to slowly squeeze out the door.

I could only hope Jason spots me before anyone else does.

A pair of laughter hit my ears as I neared another door in the dark hall - the bottom of the door peeking out a dim light from the room on the other side.

It almost sounded like Jason laughing - maybe it is? Although the sound of the laughter seemed a little more exaggerated than normal. Must be a funny joke.

I swallowed, hesitating as I reached go the door knob. I counted to three, gaining some courage before I finally opened the door a few inches.

"THE DOORS HAUNTED-"

"Shh! You'll wake my mother up!"

I poked my head around the door, furrowing my brows at the site of some giant blanket and pillow fort - an awfully strong smell was hitting my nose, and the room was filled with a fogged smoke.

"Jason?" I called softly, a little worried about what I've just walked into.

Jason's face popped through a slit between the blankets, eyes glazed over and red.

"Babe? You're here? Oh come on!" Jason's face lit up in excitement.

I could only blush at the pet name as he beckoned me into the room. I shut the door, remaining silent as Jason pulled me inside of the fort.

I then discovered the built the fort over a queen bed, and had sort of movie theatre feel to it. Despite the only screen in here was a laptop.

My eyes landed on who must be Chaz, and I was in definite shock at how much he's changed.

His hair was still shaggy, but it seemed he discovered a way to tame the mane - as I used to call it when we were kids.

"Gee, Justin, not even a hello to us? Did you lose your voice?" Chaz playfully teased, grabbing some bottle device and holding it out to me, "Help yourself to some Kush."