p a r t y p l a n n e r

Justin

"Have you checked the date today?" My mother asked, whisking away at some batter in a bowl.

I was sitting at the table, eating a small bowl of cereal, the thought of Jason and I's moment last night kept repeating in my mind.

I could hear my mum clear her throat, waiting for me to answer her question.

"No, I haven't." I mumbled, my thoughts trailing back to wonder if Jason was awake at this time.

Was he thinking the same as I, or was he thinking anything similar...

"I think you should, something special is coming up-" Mum hinted in excitement, but was cut off by the home phone ringing.

She sighed, placing her mixing bowl down, wiping her hands on her apron before picking up the house phone.

"Bieber residence, Pattie speaking." She said in a over-used sweet voice.

I couldn't help but notice over the years that whenever my mother talked on the phone, or to a stranger, she put on this sweet innocent voice, that made her seem so kind. Not saying my mum isn't, she's a saint - but there's definitely a different tone I hear in her voice whenever she picks up a phone.

"You'd like to speak with Justin? Whom am I speaking with?" Mum hummed, glancing over to me with a surprised smile, "I haven't heard from you in such a long time. Oh, Justin would love - oh, you two have already seen each other? I had no idea you two were hanging out again."

I looked at her in utter confusion, waiting for her to pass me the phone, or say the name of the person on the phone.

"No, this is perfect timing. I'll put him on, great talking to you sweetie." Mum passed me the phone with a grin.

I rose a brow, pressing the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me - uh, Chaz." The other end replied.

I sunk my shoulders, finally finding out who it was, "Oh hey, what's up?"

"Not much, you still in the same room as your mum?" Chaz asked.

"Yeah." I stated, glancing at my mother who was continuing to add things into her mixing bowl.

"Go somewhere private." Chaz mumbled.

I bit my bottom lip, deciding not ask questions and exit the kitchen and dining area.

I walked upstairs and into my room, before plonking myself on my bed, "Okay, I'm in a private area."

"I was actually calling to check up on you, you know, since the train carriage?" Chaz sighed, and I was surprised he'd bothered to call about this subject.

We used to be friends, and he'd call me all the time, vice versa. He was a lot closer to me than Michael ever was, which I missed a lot to be honest.

"I'm fine - really, I am." I stared at the ceiling of my room, laying back.

"That's good, I guess. Well, I suppose I'll leave you alone now... I just wanted to make sure things were still good. Sorry to bother you." Chaz said softly.