g r a b 'n' g o

Justin

I frowned, shaking my head at an odd looking object Chaz was holding out to me.

"What? He'll love it." Chaz grinned, showing me the picture on part of its packaging.

I gasped when I realised what it was exactly, "I'm not giving Jason a blow up doll for his birthday!"

Chaz snorted at me, "Jeez, someone needs a fuck."

I blushed at his words, not impressed with their inappropriateness, but I decided to shrug it off.

"I want to get him something he'll just love as soon as he sees it." I mumbled, browsing the rack at some stupid stop and go shops.

"He's a stoner, get him a bag of weed and you can't go wrong-" Chaz snickered.

I smacked his arm, "I'm not buying him drugs either. He can support his own habit. I'm buying him something meaningful."

As desperate as I was about getting Jason an amazing gift, I'm not going to buy him drugs. I want to give him something that will make his night special or... just show that he means more than just some friend.

Chaz pouted, "Fine... what about flowers?"

I rose a brow, "Does Jason really seem like the type to blush over flowers?" I asked in a sarcastic tone.

"I don't know, have you ever given him flowers before?" Chaz asked.

I shook my head, "No but he's just so, manly..."

Chaz snorted at those words, shaking his head, "Whatever, you still don't know how he'd really react to flowers until you do it."

I smiled, shrugging off the idea for now.

~

I gripped onto the two large shopping bags in my hand, walking out of the mall with Chaz following behind me.

He was grinning as he played some Pokémon game on his phone, mumbling out loud about catching some green flying bug.

He wasn't specific so I couldn't figure out which Pokémon he got.

"Can you unlock your trunk?" I asked as we made our way into the barely lit up car park. It was almost empty, aside from three cars in the entirety of the parking lot zone. We had basically finished shopping just as the store closed.

"After, I'm almost hatching an egg." Chaz hummed, dawdling behind me as we made it to his car.

I waited a few seconds, before Chaz finally hit some button on his key that opened the boot of the car.

I placed the shopping inside, sighing, "Okay, if we want to make it in time for the surprise we better leave now. Debbie said she was distracting him with a small dinner beforehand."

"What's the point of having food at this party if he already eats?" Chaz asked, leaning against the car as he pulled out some cigarettes.

He had a lot in common with Jason, I can't believe they're actually brothers. I couldn't imagine what life would have been like if they knew when Jason bullied us.