b r u i s e s

Jason

I groaned out in slight pain, eyes opening slowly as I regained consciousness. I didn't think I'd end up passing out. Memories flooded my mind as my vision cleared the blury-ness surrounding me.

A beam glared into my eye sight, and in time I came to realise I was staring at a street lamp, no longer at the train station. I looked around, groaning in some agony as my face pulsated pain.

I definitely had a busted lip, swollen eye and bruised cheek. I won't be keen on looking at my reflection for a while. Justin'll probably be grossed out if I'm bleeding.

I gasped, reminding myself of Justin. I pushed myself into a seated position, grunting as my eyes rushed to take in the rest of the view.

"Justin!?" I called out, finally figuring out that I was currently laid in the middle of a car park. 

I scrambled to my feet, growing even more concerned once I couldn't locate Justin. I looked down and furrowed my brows. Justin's jacket had been folded, placed carefully on the ground... it must have been used as a pillow for me...

"Jason?" A voice called from a distance.

I snapped my head to the left, breathing out at the sight of Justin, running towards me.

"You're okay!" I reached out and pulled Justin straight into my arms, both of us squeezing tightly.

"Me? You're hurt!" Justin huffed out, pulling back and examining me, "They knocked your lights out." He lightly touched my cheek, earning a wince in my response.

"Hey, you're making me sound weak." I joked, to which Justin glared at, "Where were you? How the hell did I end up here?" I shook my head, focusing on figuring out what happened.

"Uh," Justin blushed, pulling away from me as he rubbed his hands, "I dragged you... sorry about your pants. I didn't notice what the road was doing as I dragged you, I couldn't lift you-"

"How far did you drag me?" I asked, surprised. I looked down at my pants, not too upset that they were covered in dirt, and had holes in it.

"Only two streets... I found this car park, and rushed over to that phone box." Justin pointed behind himself, a phone box stand right across the road. I didn't notice it earlier...

"Who did you call?" I rose a brow, hoping he didn't call an ambulance. I'd never hear the end of it.

"Uh, not important... Um, why don't you let me take a look at your injuries?" Justin rushed out, trying to change the subject quickly. 

My eyes somehow found themselves locked onto Justin's hands, shocked to barely make out in the dark, but able to figure out there were bruises and scrapes all over Justin's knuckles.

My hand reached out and grabbed his wrist, "I'll get back to who you called, but first. What exactly happened?"

"They jumped you." Justin murmured, "I tried to get them off, I'm sorry."

"Quit apologising, Justin." I snapped, sighing in frustration, "Michael's the one who should apologise. What was he thinking? Did anybody hurt you?"

"N-No," Justin stammered, pulling his hand back, "Michael has a reason though..."

"A reason to start like this? To have his buddies jump me? Why is he so mad?" I grumbled, trying to wrap my head around the current situation.

"His Dad raped me." Justin blurted out, and my voice was drained instantly.

I couldn't exactly reply to that. Michael's dad raped Justin? the word was sickening enough to hear, but no doubt the hardest thing for Justin to say. His eyes were glossed over in wobbly tears, although they had yet to fall.

Justin swallowed, "M-Michael is angry... and he's just showing me that I must be wrong... it makes him feel better."

"Doesn't make it okay." I croaked, scratching the back of my neck.

"A lot of thing's aren't okay, Jase." Justin sighed, pursing his lips as a tear finally escaped, running down his cheek. 

Something about the way he brokenly called my nickname sent trembles into my heart. I cupped his face, wiping his tears away.

"We'll just have to make the best out of whatever situation we're given." I kissed his forehead.

"I got you beaten up, I've kind of dumped a pile of crap into your life-"

"You can't do anything to me that'll piss me off or make me hate you. I was the prick to begin with. You're the one who's putting up with me, not the other way around." I chuckled a bit.

Justin licked his lips, "I guess I should use this opening to tell you who I called..."

"Huh?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"I called my home phone, and now my Dad, Rob and your Dad are on their way to pick us up... I'm sorry." Justin gulped.

I paled at that information, the headlights of a car blinding us both suddenly. The horn was beeped, and the sound of my step father Rob came shortly after.

"Get in, runaways!" 

I could feel Justin grab my hand, squeezing it, "Sorry..."

Time to face the reality that I'll be stuck with my father for a week.