c o n f r o n t a t i o n

Jason

I sighed, entering my house followed by Oliver. I was exhausted after the hellish day I had.

Okay, I didnt attend any classes, but I did get in an argument with Ashton about Riley. Those two were 'broken up' and I apparently stepped over the line by asking Riley to hang out on the weekend.

I was kind of sick of everyones bullshit.

"Jason?" Rob's voice called.

"Yo," I replied, dropping my bag by the door.

"Um, you have a visitor." Mum shouted, and I groaned a bit.

"Ooh who?" Oliver asked, rushing passed me to find out.

I rolled my eyes and followed.

By the time I had made it to the kitchen, I was able to spot my so called visitor.

And of course, to my horror, Max and Cynthia were standing a few feet away from Rob and my mother.

"Who are they?" Oliver not-so-carefully whispered.

"Ollie, go to your room please." Rob pointed.

"What? Why?" Oliver whined.

"Now." Mum ordered.

"You guys are always yelling at me. Child abuse!" Oliver huffed, storming out of the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes a little, but looked towards my Mum, "Why are they here?"

"Because you're my son," Max spoke up, "And I want to get to know you."

"You had plenty of time to get to know me... I wasn't born yesterday. In fact, very soon I'll be 18, and legally I can choose never to hear from you again." I stared at him, hoping that was enough for him to say sorry, and leave.

Mum sighed, "I cant force him to listen, Max. Its his choice."

Max nodded, "Okay, thats fair. But before you kick me out, would it be too much for you to just talk with me? Five minutes?"

I looked at my Mum, every part of me wanting to disappear so I could think in privacy.

Mum sighed, "Lets not rush things... Max, Cynthia... we'll need to continue this some other time."

Max frowned, nodding, "Jason, I'll drop by tomorrow and hopefully you'll allow me to have my say. Good bye."

I watched as Cynthia and Max left, hand in hand.

"Thats a real shitty thing to do to me." I narrowed my eyes at Rob and Mum.

"Your mother didnt have much of a choice. He knocked on our door." Rob wrapped an arm over my Mum's shoulders.

"Lets just forget he was here for now. Go get ready, Jason... and tell Oliver to get ready too." Mum forced a small smile.

"Why? Where are we going?" I huffed.

"Pattie and Jeremy invited us all to dinner tonight, so we're going to be leaving in half an hour."

I groaned somewhat, not sure if seeing Justin was a good idea. I just had to deal with my deadbeat dad coming for a visit, and I know I cant handle more of Justin slowly breaking my heart.

Justin

"Your room is pretty neat." I smiled, looking at all the posters covering Michael's walls.

There were numerous holes throughout his house, but it was clean and well presented despite that.

"So, whats on your mind? You've never once come to my house after school to hang." Michael chuckled, relaxing on his bed.

I played with the sleeves of my oversized Jacket... well to be honest, I believe its Jason's jacket... one he might of accidentally left in my suitcase causing me to take it and claim it mine...okay, maybe I stole it, but he did leave it sitting in my room. So really, who's fault is it here?

I shook my head, deciding I should stop avoiding the reason I was here and just face it dead on.

"Whatever I bring up, please dont react hugely... I just... I need to be able to talk to you and not be afraid about it." I explaining, trying ever so hard to look Michael in the eyes as I spoke, but I couldnt. My eyes were glued down at my hands.

"You can talk to me about anything, Justin. You know that?" Michael assured, shuffling a little in his spot.

"Okay," I nodded, "I went away because I had blocked memories of a pretty scary event..."

"Niall explained little bits of it, Justin. I dont have to hear all the details..." Michael cleared his throat.

"Its, well, there's more to it... The guy who did it... his name," I shakily spoke, trying to gain enough courage.

"Justin?" He stood up, worried.

"Jon." I blurted out, "Jon Clifford."

Michael paused momentarily, before forcing a short laugh, "What?"

"My rapist." I forced out, the words so painful for me to say aloud, "Jon Clifford is my rapist."

"Yeah, okay," Michael huffed, "You said that, but its impossible."

"His DNA was on my clothes... I've never met him otherwise." I argued.

"Yeah... but... but my Dad would never... not some stranger." Michael shook his head, "He just wouldnt."

"I would never lie-" I frowned.

"I'm not saying you're  a liar... just thar your facts are a little messed up. My dad is not your rapist... he's just.."

I could tell I was frustrating Michael, and that only made me being here so uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry." I frowned.

"I dont believe this... I need you to leave." Michael ran a hand through his hair and looked at me expectantly.

"I... oh." I looked down, feeling like absolute crap.

Michael is my best friend... and his dad is my rapist.

Maybe that 'is' needs to become a 'was'.