j e a l o u s

Jason

"Fuck you, Jason." Max seethed under his breath as he marched passed me.

I held in the need to laugh as he stormed across the barn, a bale of hay in his arms.

Uncle Ralph had forced him into a days hard labour, and all my "father" could do was grin, and bare it.

Patrick was following Max like a lost puppy, not helping out with the lifting, but definitely in getting in Max's way when he was moving the hay around.

"Next time, call me before you just rock up." Uncle Ralph stood beside me, lighting up one of his cigars.

"Oh uh. Sorry about that... It's just that uh," I nervously chewed my bottom lip, hoping he wasn't gonna start lecturing me, Max would just love that.

"I get it. Your dads a real piece of work... But I needed some help today so, you know what they say - water the soil, you'll either get flowers or weeds." He hummed.

I glanced around, hoping my Uncle didn't notice the major confusion on my face about what the fuck he was just talking about - I mean seriously, what the fuck? It's not just me right?

"So like, what's like, your job nowadays?" Zeke stared at Max as he worked, still surprised that he was even here in the flesh.

Chaz was actually getting along with Zeke, which was good I suppose. They're cousins too. Which is why Chaz was pretty much hanging out with Zeke instead of me; not like I'm jealous, Chaz isn't overly fond of me just yet anyways.

"Eh. Online business, super complicated to understand." Max replied, throwing a hay bale on the pile, wiping the sweat from his head, "Any other hard free labour you want to get out of me before we go?"

"Actually, the stables do need a clean." Uncle Ralph murmured with a sly smirk.

I felt my phone vibrate before it started to go off. Someone was actually calling me - as if they hadn't heard of texting before?

I slid my phone out my pocket and threw previous thoughts about calls when I read Justin's name on my screen.

"Sup?" I answer a few seconds after sliding my thumb across the screen.

"Oh, you answered. Thank god, fuck man..." A voice that didn't belong to Justin spoke to me, which I instantly recognised as Parkers.

"Oh," I sounded a bit disappointed, but cleared my throat, "What's up?"

"Oliver's fainted at the tattoo shop, he's at the hospital now... Uh, your parents had to be called but they don't know what happened." Parker murmured to me, seeming a little worried.

I widened my eyes, "Hospital? Shit what happened? Explain more!" I demanded.

"Chill out," Parker mumbled, "I don't know. He threw up all over me, then fainted. It's Ollie, sometimes he can be a little dramatic-"

"Drama doesn't make you throw up and go to the hospital." I hissed, earning concerned looks from my uncle and Max.

"He's getting checked out, the guys in the parlour said its happened before so he should be alright." Parker tried to calm me.