s h o r t r u n

Jason

I held onto Justin's wrist, leading him down streets we couldnt recognize in the night.

A puff of smoke escaping my lips as I managed to multi-task. Justin seemed slightly irritated I found the time to pull a cigarette out and light it up while we were making a run for it.

Well, his slight huffing was a sign he wasnt pleased about it. Oh well.

"We should just head for the city." Justin announced, our hands somehow clinging onto each other as we began to slow the running to a fast paced walk.

I nodded in agreement, trying to figure out where we were. We should have brought a phone... I must have left mine on Justin's bed.

After another half an hour walking, Justin came to a stop and sighed, "Maybe this was a bad idea."

"Do you want to go back?" I frowned.

I kind of wanted to spend the night with Justin, and avoid my father at all costs... but not if that cost meant upsetting Justin.

He looked sick of walking, and thats fair enough.

"No." Justin grumbled out in response, shuffling his feet slightly.

I rose a brow, "Well, what can I do to make you look less miserable?"

Justin looked up at me, the gleam of a low lit street light was enough for me to notice his slight grin.

"You are a lot more fit then me... so, if you have the strength..." His eyes locked back down at his shoes.

I picked up that he was growing shy about whatever he was going to ask.

"Do I need to do something physical?" I asked, and he responded with a nod, "Like?"

"Carmee..." Justin mumbled, adding further confusion.

"Pardon?"

"CarryMe." He spat out fast, blushing.

"Oh," I nodded as I began to understand, "Thats fine with me. Hop on."

I turned around and knelt down, beckoning him to get on my back.

I smiled at how less hesitant he was, as he climbed onto my back, wrapping his arms tightly around my kneck, with his hands resting on the center of my chest.

I grabbed under his knees and proceeded to stand up, his grip tightening in the process.

I was glad he wasnt fully wrapped around my neck, no doubt I'd pass out from lack of air.

I took note of how he felt a little heavier than previous times I've lifted him. I suppose the time he had away from me... us all, I mean, he must have been eating more, which is good.

He always ate very little when he was around me, I'm glad he finally gained his appetite.

His head instantly buried itself into the nape of my neck. His nose was so cold it sent shivers down my spine at the touch.

I smiled, continuing to walk with him on my back.

By the time I made it to a bus station, I knew we'd have to check if there was a late night bus to the city.

I was glad they had a clock at this bus station, I should invest in a watch.

I avoided a small crowd of guys and girls, who looked as though they were drunk, on their way to the city, as I made my way to the sign with Justin clinging onto me.