Excuse Me, Why Are You So Cute?

The title @ my crush

Song- I Know A Place by Conan Gray (Cavetown cover)

◆◇◆◇

"Ty," Josh groaned, the man's voice groggy from the sleep "Stop kicking."

"M'sorry," the boy mumbled and sighed

The older man opened one eye to take a look at the boy. Tyler laid on his back, staring at the ceiling. His calm face was lit by cold moonlight. He looked so peaceful yet so troubled at the same time. The boy's eyebrows furrowed a few times, creasing his tan forehead. Josh could've turned to the other side and continued sleeping but he realized that there was something bothering the younger boy. The man sat up slowly and stroked Tyler's forearm.

"What's wrong?" 

"Can't sleep." Tyler placed his dainty hand on top of Josh's, he was telling the truth

"Whatcha thinking about?" Josh questioned, eyes widening softly in curiosity

Tyler just shrugged and squeezed the man's hand tighter.

"I was thinking about us."

"And what about us?" Josh chuckled nervously, an uneasy feeling filling his chest

The boy just smiled reassuringly and leaned his head against Josh's. The man waited patiently for the answer, he knew how hard it was for Tyler to just talk to him. The younger boy tend to keep the things that bothered him all to himself, letting them eat him up inside, erode him like salty waves gnaw at sandy shores. 

"I was just thinking how this whole thing started." the boy finally spoke, "It was kinda ridiculous if you think about it..."

"Why is it ridiculous?" Josh sat up more comfortably

"Well, I mean-" Tyler bit his lip remembering his little drunk adventure "What did you see in me?"

"Everything," Josh had a cheesy smile on his face 

"Of course you're gonna say that," Tyler rolled his eyes disappointed

"You want the truth?" Josh sighed "The truth is when I saw that rowdy teenager walk inside all confused, all I wanted to do is protect him. You're the opposite of me Tyler. Just... sort of an in-your-face personality. You complete me."

"Wow," the boy chuckled "You always say something so cheesy that I have no chance to top that."

"Well, you could always try."

Tyler sighed and tried to remember the cheesiest line he had ever heard in a movie. They ended up having a battle, who can say the sweetest, corniest thing possible. Tyler wasn't going to lose this competition to Josh. It was like saying who loves whom more. 

"You're the love of my life," Tyler grinned, knowing that he was a few points ahead "Without you, I'd  be nothing."

"Okay," the man nodded "You win." 

"What do I get?" 

"My neverending love for you," The older man pecked Tyler's cheek "Isn't that enough?"

"More than enough," Tyler giggled suddenly feeling even warmer inside than he was before

"I have an idea," Josh's eyes suddenly lit up

The man scrambled up from the bed and started picking up his clothes. Tyler watched the man getting dressed like there was a fire drill going on. The boy continued sitting on the mattress half-naked. 

"Come on, Ty, get dressed." Josh chuckled 

"Why?" the boy frowned "It's two in the morning."

"Let's run away!" Josh exclaimed, picking up his jacket