Oh, It's A Lonely World, I Know :'^)

Bitch, my Lil Peep hoodie arrived today, bury me in it

◇◆◇◆

A single golden leaf pirouetted down an invisible spiral of breeze, spinning through the air as it let itself be carried down. It shook slightly as if it could have been whisked away any second by the grip of an icy wind, but it kept floating down, twirling like a young ballerina. It blew past the boy's face and landed in the cold water, the shiny, vibrant colour standing out against the blue beneath it. Tyler sighed and picked the leaf right out of the water tossing it promptly into the plastic bag. He slipped his baseball cap down to run his wet hair through his sweaty hair. 

The chilling air nipped at his heated cheeks, the boy tugged at his shirt a few times to fan out the heat that had collected under his clothes. His shoes couldn't stay still, they slipped on the slimy leaves laying all over the ground. Tyler grabbed his broom and started sweeping the dead leaves into one neat pile, he let out a disgusted noise when he heard a squishy sound under his rubber boot. 

The boy quickly grabbed a plastic bag and tossed the dead frog in it. He had already encountered three slimy creatures this week. Tyler wasn't a biologist, he didn't know why he kept finding dead frogs. He guessed that maybe the amphibians confused the pool with a pond. Tyler pitied the dead animals but it was kinda annoying having to get the net out of the water every morning just because a tiny green creature had choked itself on it. 

Tyler woke every morning and went to work with gritted teeth. He liked fall, mainly because everything was dying and he kinda wished that he was the dead leaf on the ground or the drowning frog. He was Better off (Dying) :^) One more reason Tyler hated his job at this time of the month was that the pool keepers didn't drain the water till first snow. As if someone was crazy enough to go swimming in the middle of freaking September. 

The boy finished cleaning the are knowing that tomorrow it's gonna look the same. And it's going to continue till the last damn leaf falls down. Tyler had the urge to grab the trees surrounding the area and give them all a good shake. The windy air was helping him a bit. Only if the wind didn't scatter his leaf piles all over the place two minutes after he finished raking them. 

Tyler sat on the bench with a quiet groan, his back ached like he was some eighty-year-old. He had to rake the leaves and collect trash every day, that meant a lot of bending over or slouching. Tyler stretched, groaning with relief as he heard numerous satisfying pops. He glanced at the water, the brunet watched the clouds pass in the broken reflection in the water. At moments like these, he felt at peace. The peace was often disturbed by the memories of his past so the brunet avoided sitting around doing nothing. 

Tyler's mouth watered, he looked around wanting to check if no one was watching before pulling a pack of smokes out of his inner pocket. He quickly grabbed one cigarette and lit it as discreetly as possible before putting the paper box back into the pocket of his jacket. Tyler's boss hated seeing him smoke. By his boss, Tyler meant his mother. He finally had the courage to contact her and as much as he didn't like begging, he managed to ask her for help. Tyler wouldn't have done it if Madison wasn't with him. He couldn't stand living at his dad's, neither did his sister. It was all for Madison. 

Tyler rarely spoke to his mother even though they lived in the same house. It was odd, but Tyler quickly got used to it. The boy drew in deep, short puffs. He had to keep his bad habit a secret from Charlie. The girl always told Tyler that it's impossible to quit as if Tyler planned on quitting. Tyler's bratty attitude came back, he tend to keep it on the low when he was out with his friends. Frank was the one who Tyler felt the most connected to. Not that Charlie, Jared and Gerard weren't his friends. It's just that Frank was as reckless as Tyler. As the boy said, you only live once, why not enjoy it? 

Tyler quickly crushed his cigarette with his heel when he heard steps approaching. He swatted the air wanting to disperse the smoke. His attempt to hie the evidence was unsuccessful but at least he tried. 

"Is this what you spend your salary on?" Kelly scoffed, her polished heels clicked against the wet concrete

"Like you care," Tyler rolled his eyes

"You may not believe it, but I do." the woman fixed the buttons on her coat 

Tyler just scoffed, the woman didn't care about him almost his whole life, he wasn't buying this character development crap. He probably never will. Kelly contemplated sitting down next to her son but that only meant there was a chance of getting her new skirt dirty. She stood silent, looking at the cleaned pool.

"You're done?" the woman questioned after a long pause

"Yup," Tyler glanced at his watch "Still have an hour and a half left."

"Oh, goodie," the woman clapped her gloved hands "I have an important dinner today."

"Cool," Tyler said disinterested, glancing somewhere over his mother's shoulder

"Tyler?" the woman raised an eyebrow

The boy's eyes widened, he shook his head vigorously.

"Oh, no, no, no!" Tyler sprung up "No!"

"Tyler, this is very important to me." Kelly grabbed Tyler's hand 

"Why can't Jay go with you?" Tyler yanked his arm out of his mother's grasp

"Because he has no table manners." the woman rolled her eyes annoyed

"Wonder who's fault is that..." Tyler murmured to himself, Kelly, of course, heard that but decided to ignore the remark

"Tyler, you're my oldest and I'd be very grateful if you helped me out this time."

"I'm not going to your stupid tea party." Tyler stepped back with the intention of leaving

"Tyler, this is not some tea party! Don't be silly. I'm meeting a very important person and I'd appreciate if you met him. "

"I'm not gonna call him dad." Tyler smiled sarcastically

"I'm not asking you to!" Kelly groaned "All I'm asking you is to dress nicely and accompany your mother to her date."

"Why?" Tyler groaned in frustration "Why are you dragging me along to your date?" 

"This man is a very rich person,  he has a son. it would be great if you made some connections with him. He's going to be there." Kelly paused for a minute before adding "He's single."

"Mom..." Tyler rubbed the bridge of his nose "No." 

"I promise he's handsome." Kelly insisted "I've met him before. He's a really charming young gentleman... Of course, he's a little older..."

The woman trailed off and stared at her son with pleading puppy eyes. Tyler chewed on his bottom lip. He rarely left the house these days, it would be nice to socialize. 

"Fine." Tyler yapped "But I'm not sucking his d-"

"Tyler Robert Joseph!" Kelly snapped "If I see another tape, I swear-"

"I'm kidding!" Tyler yelled back chuckling "Geez!"

"Go home and for the love of God, please, get dressed nicely." The woman murmured, a sour look on her face "We're leaving at six o'clock."

"I always dress nicely." Tyler scoffed, clearly offended

"No." Kelly snickered and turned to leave "Finish up quickly. Six o'clock, don't forget."

"Yeah, yeah," he murmured and watched his mother leave

How dare she?

Dress nicely. He always does. As if Tyler's semi-formal style wasn't nice enough.

He'll show her how to dress nicely