What Are You, A Man Or A Tyler?

Tyler was currently stacking his shopping basket to the beat of Rihanna's Don't Stop The Music. He hummed the lyrics quietly while his feet did a little two-step dance. Tyler was aware of how ridiculous he looked but there was no one else in the store at that moment. His only audience was the security cameras and he doubted that anyone ever watched those. It was pretty late so Tyler could stop worrying about embarrassing himself. And if someone did saw him, who gives a flying fuck? There were no rules against dancing in the store.

Tyler glanced at his basket and put a few items back, he hated walking back and putting the stuff back, it made him feel like a complete low-life. Every time, shopping was the hardest task ever because the boy had to count every dollar. Currently, he had five. That's why he liked the dollar tree the most, he could find everything he needed there, except food because it tasted like cardboard. Tyler stuffed his hand into his back pocket to check if the money was still there, he often became paranoid. There was no bigger embarrassment to Tyler than realizing that he forgot his money at home.

The boy grabbed two colours of nail polish without even looking at the them. His sister Maddie asked him to get her nail polish and didn't specify what colour. The boy grabbed what he needed and headed to the cash register, his eyes caught a familiar head of hair passing by outside and Tyler was forced to duck. The cashier glanced at the boy confused. Tyler pretended that he tripped.

"Ah, my shoelaces..." he murmured quite loud, loud enough that the cashier would hear him

Tyler bent down and pretended to tie his shoelaces that were completely fine and didn't need tying. He hid behind a stack of toilet paper and secretly glanced out the store window. His heart began pounding like he just ran three miles. Tyler thought that his hiding space was sneaky as heck but he forgot about the other side of the store that had broad windows as well.

The boy couldn't even let out a sigh of relief, two strong hands gripped his shoulders and yanked him from his hiding space. Tyler let out a soft whimper as his bare elbow slid across the tiles leaving a skid mark on his skin. The brunet cursed under his breath and rubbed his arm lightly.

"Bitch." That was the only word that left Steve's mouth and Tyler immediately knew what he wanted

Tyler felt kind of pissed off that a dude with such a basic and boring name had the power to intimidate him. When the boy thought of intimidating men he always imagined some bald Italian dude with biceps the size of a house who's tan lines made him look like he's constantly constipated and very angry about it.

"I don't see any mirrors around." Tyler snickered and received a light kick in his stomach

Fucking worth it. Steve's facial expression alone was worth getting punched at. Tyler knew that his sassy remarks are going to cost him dearly but he didn't give a shit. He was born a sassy bitch and he was going to die a sassy bitch. Humour was the only defense mechanism the boy had, he often managed to piss off his "buddies" so much that they didn't even bother beating up them anymore.

"Watch your mouth." Steve hissed, his faded green hair falling over his eyes

Tyler crossed his eyes, a puzzled look appeared on Steve's face.

"I can't see it." Tyler looked at Steve

"What?" the boy muttered

"My mouth." Tyler grinned because that was totally worth it and getting punched didn't scare him anymore

Steve just clenched his fists and sighed. He ran his hand through his faded hair and lightly shook his head. Tyler got up with a light huff and shot an angry glare at the cashier who was looking the opposite direction like he didn't even exist. Not that he needed protection, the boy was just pissed that people just didn't care. A person could get stabbed in the middle of the street and everyone would just pretend that they're checking their email on their phones.