I Am Slowly Running Out Of Fitting Vine References And I Don't Like It

Any of you play Zombie Invasion on kik?

◇◆◇◆

"Tyler?" the boy groaned feeling something softly poke his cheek

The boy stirred in his sleep without opening his eyes. He wasn't fully awake yet but the hungover was already killing him, it was like someone was attempting to split his skull into two pieces with a thumbtack. Not possible but still pretty darn painful. and annoying. Can't they just go away, don't they have other things to do rather than impaling young gentlemen with office supplies? Who's they? A quiet "what the fuck" left Tyler's mouth with a harsh breath and suddenly he woke up.

The brunet's eyelids fluttered, he tried rubbing off the sleep off his eye and ended up hitting himself in the face. Man, depth perception. Tyler opened both of his eyes fully, slightly confused as to why his little sister woke him up before his alarm went off. It was currently...

"Six in the morning?!" Tyler hissed, his dry tongue falling apart in his mouth

The girl stepped away afraid that Tyler might lash out but her brother wasn't like that. Tyler's frustration was soon replaced by a warm smile. The brunet was still annoyed though, no sane person would step out of the bed so early by their own free will. Heck, Tyler wouldn't budge even if he had a gun pressed against his temple. Go on, shoot. That would just imply that the boy gets even more sleep. Suckers. But this morning had nothing to do with random people stabbing you with a thumbtack or Russian mafia holding you at gunpoint and threatening to kill everyone you love. Well, maybe in a way.

"What the hell, Madison?" Tyler groaned in pain when his eyes landed on the clock again

"There are people at t-the door," Madison whispered so quietly that Tyler had difficulties understanding

Tyler's face shifted immediately. Madison was upset and no one messed with his little sister. The boy got dressed quickly and rushed out of his room, Madison following him like a shadow.

"What kind of people?" Tyler questioned the girl, his temples glistening with nervous sweat

"T-they said they will kick the door," the little girl clutched Tyler's hand desperately

"Are they dad's gambling friends?"

Tyler was shocked when the girl answered no. It would've been more logical, their dad was an awful gambler and owed a lot of money to a lot of people. It was about time someone came knocking on their door, demanding their money.

They didn't have a peephole in the door, Madison couldn't tell Tyler what the people looked like since she never opened the door to strangers like the good girl she was. Tyler ruffled his sister's hair and knelt down in front of her.

"Hey, whoever they are they are not going to hurt you, 'kay?"

The little girl nodded, her eyes shut at the sound of the front door being kicked. Tyler gritted his teeth, if anyone ever did anything to Madison he would rip their throats out with their teeth and it wasn't even a joke. He would literally come up to the fuckers and twist off their nuts just for looking at Maddie the in wrong way.

Tyler picked his sister up and planted her on the kitchen table. She stared at her big brother with wide eyes, clutching her hands together. Tyler ruffled her hair again and went to answer the door.

"Can I h-"

Smack

Tyler's face went numb for a second before a jolt of pain jabbed the left side of his face. If the boy was a cartoon character he would have stars or little birds flying around his head. Of course, he could also just shake his head vigorously and everything would go back to normal. It was real life and things weren't as easy as everyone wanted them to be.