This Isn't How I Pictured My Day When I Wake Up But Who Am I To Complain?

I mixed up Frank with Gerard in the previous chapter but I fixed it

◆◇◆◇

Tyler sat down with a huff, his hand rose up to his chest to rub soothing circles. He was still recovering and any sort of physical activity hurt him. Josh insisted that Tyler stayed home but the brunet wanted to help. Even though laying in bed all day sounded fantastic, Tyler didn't want to be a burden. He had basically moved in with Josh. The boy felt bad for his sister though, the girl drifted from one relative to another. Josh promised that soon he'll find him and his sister a nice place to live. Tyler thought about Josh's words a lot. It appeared as if Josh was suggesting Tyler to move out of his house to live somewhere else. Tyler thought about it a lot up to the point where he was lying on the couch, clutching a pillow, crying softly because he somehow convinced himself that Josh doesn't love him anymore.

Tyler couldn't help himself, he was so dependant on the man that Tyler couldn't imagine his life without Josh. Josh was the only one who could calm Tyler's anxiety just by being next to him. Tyler pondered if he was getting better or it was just Josh's presence that made his panic attacks easier to deal with.

"Hey, are you alright?" Josh hurried to Tyler as soon as he noticed the boy rubbing his chest

"I'm fine, Josh." Tyler smiled and grasped the man's forearm reassuringly

"Are you hungry?"

"No, Josh," Tyler shook his head "I'm alright, you don't have to worry about me."

"I will anyway," the man leaned in to kiss the boy's soft forehead

"Love you," Tyler murmured to the man as he was turning to leave

"Love you too, sugar, Josh replied, Tyler blushed as the man threw a wink his way

Tyler let out a harsh breath out of his chest, he wanted to help but his physical condition wasn't letting him. He looked at the working people with envy, he didn't want to be useless. All he did was swept the floor and wiped the dust. The brunet was also responsible for the delivery of food.

"Hey!" Tyler rose from his seat maybe a little too quickly, the person he was looking at flinched and scurried across the room as far as possible away from Tyler

The boy groaned and followed Frank who didn't seem like he wanted to see or Talk to Tyler. The brunet was persistent, he followed the boy till he had nowhere else to go.

"Hey, Frank," Tyler cheered, the gloomy boy glared at him like he was a public enemy "What's up?"

"Why are you talking to me?" the dark-haired boy sneered

Tyler's feet slowly stepped backwards, the boy blinked rapidly in confusion but didn't back away. He smiled warmly hoping to appear more friendly.

"I just wanted to ask if you need any help-"

"Do I look like I need fucking help?" Frank cut Tyler off rudely, Tyler swallowed thickly. This is going to be tough

"I didn't want to be rude, it's just that I don't know what else to do-"

"That's not my fucking problem," Frank seethed, Tyler's chest tightened

"I'm sorry," Tyler started

"Go bother someone else." the boy scoffed and turned his back to the boy

Tyler stood there for a few seconds processing the situation. He decided that it's best for him to just turn around and walk away. As he was walking away a message notification distracted him. Tyler furrowed his brows as he stared at the unknown number on his screen.

Unknown: Come outside

Tyler checked his recent to see if he had saved everyone's number. It was odd, Tyler didn't give his number to anyone else. It was probably one of Josh's old contacts.

Tyler: I'm sorry, I think you have the wrong number

Unknown: Tyler

Unknown: Come outside

Tyler looked around wanting to show the messages to Josh but the man was busy, the boy didn't feel like bothering him. He slipped through the door quietly and scurried downstairs. Whoever was texting him knew him. Tyler didn't have to wonder for too long, as soon as he opened the door his face twisted with utter disgust.

"Hey, Ty-guy," Steve exclaimed, his hand hooking around the boy's neck immediately

Tyler let out a weak wheeze as the boy pressed his face against his shoulder, dragging him away from the building.

"What's up?" Steve cackled when he noticed Tyler's frown "Not happy to see your old friend?"

"You're not my friend." Tyler seethed, he wiggled trying to get out of Steve's grip but the boy was twice stronger than him

"Listen," Steve squeezed Tyler even harder "I was thinking and I remembered an interesting thing,"

"What is it?" Tyler hissed, his feet kicked desperately as he tried to drag himself out of the boy's grip

"You remember the bet, yeah?" Steve trailed off

"Yeah..." Tyler murmured, suddenly a heavy feeling developed in his gut

"And you owe me money..." Steve trailed off again

"Just get to the fucking point!" Tyler yapped, his neck freed from Steve's grasp and he didn't have to breathe against the boy's armpit anymore

"Alright," Steve let out a sinister chuckle, the heavy feeling in Tyler's gut intensified "I want proof."

"You- What the fuck?" Tyler raised his voice "We're together! It's obvious! What the hell do you want from me?"

"Well..." Steve wiggled his brows

Tyler scoffed and shook his head. His fingers threaded through his brown locks. Steve beamed even more.

"You-" Tyler tensed his jaw "You sick fuck."

"Hey, hey," Steve's hands rose up to his chest in defence "A bet is a bet."

"If you think I'm gonna send you Josh's nudes then you're fucking wrong." Tyler strode forward

Steve grasped Tyler's collar and brought the boy's face closer to his.

"Listen, I can break your ribs the second time but I don't think that will be effective," Steve's eyes narrowed "You love your sister, right?"

"Don't fucking bring my sister into this," Tyler tried pushing Steve off

"I won't," the boy's grip tightened forcing a wheeze out of Tyler's mouth "You do as I say and she stays out of it."

"Or else?" Tyler muttered, his breath hitched from anger "You're gonna beat up a twelve-year-old?"

Steve's pale blue eyes narrowed. He scoffed, his grip loosened up allowing Tyler to move away.

"You have a week, Joseph," Steve said coldly "I'm warning you."