Things Are Shaping Up to Be- Too Good To Be True Hmmmmm ≖_≖

Tyler rested his elbows on the windowsill, sunshine beaming through the window. A gentle breeze tickled his face, it was warm yet Tyler was shaking. He managed to stand up despite all the pain in his body. Every last bit of his screamed that he should sit down and rest, Tyler's anxiety kicked in again. He couldn't bare laying in bed and doing nothing anymore. Sometimes his anxiety didn't come back for months, sometimes it struck him every day of the week. Sometimes strong, sometimes barely even tangible. Tyler liked those days when he could barely feel his anxiety. It never really disappear, it just coiled up in the pit of the brute's stomach waiting for an opportunity. Tyler wished all days were like that. Today was not that day.

Tyler sat shaking, his whole frame like a mild video game glitch. He scraped his nails across the white pain, his pointer finger already bleeding. Today was the worst of the days. Tyler's anxiety was something different. Other people would scream, cry, shift from one place to another, pull their hair or rock back and forth. Usually, he just sat on one place petrified, not moving. He couldn't feel fear or embarrassment, he just sat there numb. Not a spark of emotion in his body and the boy hated it. He sat there, his nail softly scraping against the wood and he felt nothing

That's how he knew it was bad. The main reason for Tyler's anxiety was his current state. Bruised, broken, helpless. He had to ask the nurse to help him get to the bathroom. Tyler felt like he was a burden to others and even himself. Tyler tended to overthink stuff too much. He felt like the nurses are talking about him behind his back, they're talking how pathetic he was. Tyler felt like his friends are talking about him in private, judging him just for existing. Tyler imagined his sister hating him for being so helpless and unable to defend himself or others. And Josh...

There was no way that the man loved Tyler. Why would he? What was Tyler to him? Josh was rich, had a stable job, had a lot of friends, interests, hobbies. He was older, more mature. Tyler was just a random kid who was unlucky enough to fall in love with him. Why would Josh need Tyler? Why would Josh care? Just a kid. Tyler was just a kid. 

Tyler swallowed thickly, tears filled his eyes but refused to fall. They built up behind his eyelids and stayed there at the brim of falling. Tyler blinked rapidly wanting the tears to finally slide down his cheeks but he only pushed them back down. A weak whimper left the boy's chest, that's all he could squeeze out. Oh, and it hurt, it hurt so much. More physically than mentally this time. The brunet had a cracked rib after all. 

He lifted his head up at the sound of the door creaking. Tyler opened his mouth to say hello to the nurse who was supposed to give him his medicine, the boy's mouth closed instantly. He inhaled sharply, with a helpless whimper. 

"Baby," Josh knelt in front of Tyler- no, he collapsed on his knees in front of the boy "Baby, why didn't you call me right away?"

Tyler gave Josh a weak shrug and a cold empty gaze. Josh's fingers traced the outline of Tyler's jaw before bringing his face closer for a kiss. Tyler sighed. He intended saying how much he missed the man but all that came out of his mouth was a whisper.

"We can't be together..." 

Josh's eyes widened, he grasped Tyler's small hands and brought them to his chest

"What?" Josh's eyes reflected Tyler's teary ones "Why?"

"I don't know..." Tyler cried out suddenly regretting his words "I don't know."

"Ty-"Josh's breath hitched, he snaked his arms around the boy

"No-" Tyler cried out "Stop..."

"I'm sorry," Josh let go "I'm so sorry I shouldn't have come-"

"No, Josh, it's okay." Tyler let out a small laugh "It's my ribs, they hurt." 

A relieved laugh erupted from the older man's chest, Tyler stared at his face as he smiled. He liked Josh's smile. Tyler noticed something that wasn't supposed to be there. Josh had a small cut in the corner of his mouth, the skin around it was reddened, starting to swell. Josh's eyes shifted down, the man noticed Tyler staring and tried to hide his reddened eye. 

"What happened?" Tyler felt a heavy stone land on his heart

"Well, Deborah didn't take it well." Josh rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly

"The break-up?" Tyler tried to sound calm but the words came out of his mouth like a joyful jingle.

Josh nodded.

"She hit you?" Tyler exclaimed, anger coiling in his gut

"Oh, well..." Josh tried laughing it off "Not the first time so- I don't know what I was expecting..."

"Josh, that's not okay," Tyler said softly 

"It's nothing," Josh flashed a weak smile hiding the resentment in his eyes "The most important thing is that you're safe now."

"But she hit you-" Tyler's lip quivered 

Josh extended his arms offering Tyler to stand up. The boy grabbed onto the man and he carefully lifted the boy off his feet. The brunet threw his arm around the man's neck while his palm gently pressed against Josh's chest. 

"The doctor said that you can go home now if you want." Josh beamed "Do you wanna go home? I already paid the medical bill."

"You-" Tyler choked "You did?"

"I did, sunshine." Josh pecked Tyler's forehead just above his eyebrow "What did you think I was gonna do? Come here and stare at you and do nothing?"

"You shouldn't have," Tyler lowered his head on Josh's shoulder with a sigh

"Don't-" Josh kissed the side of Tyler's head repeatedly, whispering softly "Is your sister okay?"

The younger boy hummed in response, Josh took that as a yes. It was time to go home. Tyler had nothing to wear except the hospital gown with a slit in the back that exposed his bum. No wonder he was so chilly. Josh had brought him spare clothes, Tyler's pajamas that he came into the hospital with were just a bunch of dirty bloody rags now. 

Josh helped the boy to get dressed with utmost care, smoothing every wrinkle down and buttoning down every button. Josh's hands carried Tyler out of the hospital room without tiring. Tyler felt embarrassed but flattered at the same time. All he could do was cling onto Josh until they get to the car.

"Here you go, my princess." Josh murmured setting Tyler down in the passenger seat. Tyler blushed at the nickname. Josh noticed Tyler's red cheeks and made sure to make the boy blush even more by kissing his bruised cheek. 

The man put on Tyler's seatbelt before closing the door and walking around the car. Josh got into the car with the biggest smile on his face.

"What?" Tyler laughed

"Oh, nothing." Josh started the engine 

"Tell me." Tyler insisted

Josh smiled again, Tyler leaned forward wanting an answer. He hated when people had a mysterious grin. Tyler was annoyed.

"Josh?" Tyler whined, "Tell me."

"How does it feel?" the older man finally spoke, his gaze shifted away from the road for a brief second

"How does it fell what?" Tyler laughed confused

"How does it feel to the best thing that ever happened to me?"