Let's See How Many Times I Can Describe A Hospital Differently

Thank you for 5k, darlings

Would you read a Detroit: Become Human fan fic if I started one?

◇◆◇◆

Aqua coloured water glass with a bent straw in it, checkered linoleum floor, light beige walls, a green divider separating the bed from the rest of the room. Light seeping through the thin curtains. Muffled sound of gadgets, equipment in a symphony of sounds. Buzzing, clicking, air whistling. Hectic voices, echoing steps. There was nothing there to describe. It was a hospital. Cold. Sterile. Basic.

Tyler's pale hand rested on the turquoise sheets, the heart rate monitor signalled a steady beep. He inhaled once, a jarring pain weighted his chest making Tyler not want to breathe ever again. But he had to. Each breath was a disaster. The brunet laid whimpering, his eyes droopy from the heavy anaesthetics. He moved his head a bit, the heart rate monitor sped up, signalling Tyler's stress. The boy licked his dry lips as his eyes caressed the cool glass of water just inches away from his reach. It was within his grasp but his hand wouldn't move. Tyler felt like he was in the arms of a cruel puppeteer who kept dragging the strings back every time he got close to his goal.

The boy finally gave up, getting the drink seemed like an impossible task. Tyler closed his eyes, the thumping of his heart was unsettling. It sounded like a broke machine engine, rattling, whistling, unable to work properly. Tyler drew in short shallow breaths, that was the only way he could prevent his chest from aching. The boy was informed that he had a cracked rib and a mild concussion. Tyler cursed himself for calling the emergency services. His medical bill was higher than his pride, there was no way he could afford it.

Tyler's glance slipped away, he looked at his phone resting on the bedside table. The brunet reached for it and after a few minutes of struggling, he was finally able to reach it. Tyler sighed and unlocked the phone. He might have to sell it to get some money, he didn't feel like asking Josh for help. Madison was at her aunt, Tyler could've asked her for help but that was just testing her hospitality. The woman wasn't very wealthy.

Josh.

Suddenly Tyler remembered Josh. Tyler sighed with frustration in his breath, he could just call the man and ask for help. No. Tyler's pride was blinding him. He was not a child, he was an adult who did not need anyone's pity. He was gonna get through this, one way or another.

Once Tyler turned on the phone and connected to the hospital's shitty WiFi he was bombarded with messages and notifications. Mostly from the group chat, his friends were wondering where he had disappeared. Tyler was off the radar for almost two days, no wonder everyone was freaking out. By everyone, he meant Jared, Charlie and Josh.

Twenty missed calls and ten messages. A sorrowful smile crept onto Tyler's lips. Maybe the mad did love him after all.

From Josh:

Josh: Hey, good morning

Josh: I guess you're busy. Call me when you can okay?

Josh: I'm getting kinda worried, I hope you're just busy

Josh: Answer the phone, please

Josh: I'm worried, please call me okay?

Josh: Tyler, call me

Josh: I'm coming over, okay? Just letting you know

Josh: Where are you? Please call

Josh: There's blood on the floor, did something happen? Where are you?

Josh: I love you, I hope you're safe

Tyler sniffled, a tear rolled down his bruised, swollen cheek. The boy didn't have the energy to wipe it off so they just kept coming and coming. The brunet didn't feel like reading all 1000+ messages on the group chat. They weren't really related to Tyler except for the most recent ones. Tyler let out a pained breath, the boy felt bad for making his friend worry. He quickly typed a message telling his friends that he's at the hospital and doesn't have the energy to talk on the phone. He got an answer immediately

Charlie: WHAT WHY ARE YOU IN THE HOSPITAL

Jared: What happened?

Charlie: MY SWEET BABY BOY

Jared: Which hospital, we'll be there soon

Tyler: guys, I'm okay, it was just a stupid argument

Charlie: What happened? We need to know

Tyler sighed and typed a quick message. The chat was silent for ten minutes. The boy thought that his friends didn't care about him at all but then he heard voices and the hospital door busted open.

"Oh my fucking god!" Charlie yanked the curtains back

"Jesus..." Jared whispered softly and rushed to Tyler "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"I d-didn't think you cared-" Tyler croaked, his tears beginning to spill again

"Why would you think that?" Charlie gently gripped the boy's hand "We are your friends, you know we care."

"And you can trust us and tell us everything." Jared gripped Tyler's other hand and gave it a gentle squeeze "We love you, Ty, and we care about you."

"Exactly," Charlie nodded, tears already in her eyes

"Hey, don't cry..." Tyler spoke softly

"How am I supposed to not cry when my best friend thinks that I don't care about him?" Charlie turned her face away and softly sniffled. The girl rose from her seat and walked to the window to open it.

"I'm sorry." Tyler bit his bruised lip "I'm so sorry, I just didn't want to bother-"

"Well, you should've bothered us okay?" Jared yapped "You should've called us as soon as you could."

"I'm sorry." Tyler murmured, Jared's grip on his hand loosened up sending his heart into shock

He made his only friends hate him.

"It's okay." Charlie sat down again, her eyelashes wet from tears

"Yeah." Jared nodded "Next time- Hell, I hope there isn't gonna be a next time but if something serious happens you can always call us. No matter what."

"Do you understand?" Charlie said sternly "You call us immediately."

"Yes, I understand." Tyler swallowed the lump in his throat and nodded "I understand."

"Come here you dumbass." Charlie enveloped the brunet in a gentle hug. Jared shifted closer and hugged both of them.

Tyler closed his eyes, the warmth helped the pain lift off his chest, he felt so much better now. Charlie sniffled for the last time and wiped her eyes. Jared handed Tyler a glass of water.

"Have you called Josh?" Charlie questioned

"No." Tyler shook his head, the redhead's face shifted

"What the fuck, call him then!" Jared snapped

"Right now?" Tyler questioned

"Yes, fucking now!" Jared shoved the phone Tyler in the face

The boy dialled the man's number. He really didn't want to but his friends were forcing his hands. Maybe his friends were right. He should trust people more.