It Has Food So I guess It's OK

Tyler's breath got caught in his throat when he realized what he walked into. All those years he tried to stay as far away from places like these as possible. It brought nothing but a disappointment to Tyler and after years of trying to change the boy decided that he doesn't need any help. All those youth counsellors were too controlling, always told Tyler what to do and he was a free spirit. Of course, he hated being controlled by some wrinkly old man. The only good thing about this place was the table with food. There was pizza, tacos, sandwiches but all that was irrelevant. Tyler's eyes fixated on the cupcakes. My god, the cupcakes looked like they were plucked from God's personal dessert tray and Tyler couldn't wait to sink his teeth into that creamy deliciousness. 

"Please, don't call me Mr. Dun or anything like that." the man flashed a genuine smile allowing a glimpse of his perfect pearly teeth "We are all friends here and don't want anyone feeling uncomfortable. Call me Josh because I am your friend and you can talk to me about anything, I will always listen."

Tyler rolled his eyes. Yeah right. Josh probably didn't give a shit about the teenagers in the room, all the man cared was a big fat check that he received every month for talking to a couple of snotty brats. 

"Yes, Charlie?" the leaned forward

"I would like t-to introduce..." a red-haired girl lowered her hand slowly

"Of course." Josh moved away from his spot allowing the girl to be in the centre of attention

The girl looked around nervously, her red bangs disturbing her view. She cleared her throat before opening her mouth.

"Hi, I'm Charlie and I like setting things on fire."

Tyer almost snorted, he leaned in clearly intrigued. Maybe this youth centre wasn't so boring after all. 

Charlie smiled weakly and glanced at Josh. The man nodded and smiled with an encouraging smile.

"I was expelled from two schools and no youth centre would accept me into their group." the girl chuckled nervously "This is the only place I feel welcomed and wanted. So... Yeah."

"Thank you, Charlie." Josh said softly, the girl nodded and went back to her seat "Anyone else would like to introduce?"

A skinny boy rose from his seat. His head was covered by a black hood, like everything else. The boy was drowning in his hoodie, two skinny pale calves poked out as he walked forward

"Hi, I'm Gerard, friends call me Gee." the boy leaned forward, his hands rose to his hair unconsciously "I have trichotillomania, it makes me pull out my hair."

Tyler watched as the boy's bitten down fingers softly plucked on his eyebrows. Tyler winced when he imagined what Gerard was hiding under that hood. The boy sighed, he actually felt bad for the boy. He looked friendly but incredibly nervous. 

"This is my favourite place because no one judges me." the boy said timidly before turning his head to Josh

"Thank you, Gerard, this was really brave of you," Josh said putting his soft hand on Gerard's shaking shoulder

The boy nodded quietly and retreated to his seat. Tyler caught Charlie staring at him like she was waiting for him to stand up and introduce. Laughing-out-loud, hell no. Tyler wanted to get out as soon as he could. He wasn't going to get involved with depressed teens, that was the least he wanted to do. Tyler crossed his hands over his chest and glanced out the window. Would it kill him if he jumped out or just fuck him up for life? 

"I'm Jared and I don't really have anything going on with me but I like the people here." a blond boy spoke without standing up

"Thank you, Jared." Josh smiled "And now we-"

Josh pressed his lips together when a boy in a white hoodie stood up. Tyler didn't see his face but he knew that he as in pain without even looking at him. Josh rushed to the boy immediately and gripped his upper arm.

"Frank, you don't have to," Josh said softly sitting the boy down

"But I want to." the boy's voice was timid 

Josh let out a defeated sigh and helped the boy to stand up. Frank swiped his long fringe out of his view and stepped to the front of the room. 

"Hi, my name is Frank, my best friend is Gee." the boy exhaled a heavy breath "I have leukaemia."

Tyler sighed and glanced out the window. The air suddenly felt heavy and all Tyer wanted to do was jump out that damn window. No, he wasn't crying, he just had something in his eye and his body started producing tears, naturally. 

"Thank you, Frank." Josh helped the boy to his seat

Tyler let out a defeated sigh, everyone's eyes were on him. The boy knew that this moment would come. Screw it. Tyler rose from his seat slowly. 

"I'm Tyler and I like this place because it has free food." Tyler blurted out without even thinking

Josh chuckled lightly and nodded his head. 

"Same." Charlie nodded, Tyler felt a little bit better about himself but only for a brief second

Tyler felt his cheeks heat up, the boy sat down and his leg started bouncing even more.

"I like that you're honest, Tyler." Josh's lips curved into a soft smile "Honesty is always a good thing."

Tyler just nodded silently and continued bouncing his shaky leg, he was an idiot, why the hell did he say that? Couldn't he just say that he was Tyler and he liked singing or some shit? No, he had to be an idiot and blurt out some random garbage. 

Tyler didn't listen what Josh had to say next, he just wanted to get out as fast as possible.