When In Doubt: Sephora

The trio, after walking around aimlessly in circles decided to settle somewhere where they could rethink their route. Since Tyler has never been to a mall before he didn't even know where they should start. Charlie promised to buy him whatever the heck he wants, the boy felt bad and didn't want to take advantage of his friends. It just felt wrong using someone as sweet as Charlie for granted. 

They stopped for ice cream, Tyler refused to accept the food so Charlie chose for him. Two scoops of strawberry sherbet with tiny rainbow sprinkles on top. Tyler was awfully quiet, it wasn't awkward because Charlie and Jared got along perfectly, like they've known each other for months even though it was only a few weeks. Jared was new to the youth centre just like Tyler. The redhead could get along with anyone as long as they were respectful. Tyler loved that most about the girl. No matter what, she always had a smile on her face that could brighten up the darkest day. 

"...but if you run it under the water they get all cold." Tyler overheard Charlie talking about something. He was zones for about five minutes, captured in his own bubble.

"But if you don't, they get all sticky and chunky," Jared argued

"Well, pasta is supposed to be sticky." Charlie scoffed

"Um, no, sweety." Jared shook his index finger in front of him

"Well, enjoy your cold pasta then." 

"You just put it back into the pot and let it heat up for a few minutes." Jared rubbed the bridge of his nose

"That's just too much work." Charlie sighed "I don't even like pasta that much."

"You've been arguing about what's the best way to cook pasta and you don't even like pasta?" Tyler chuckled softly 

"Um, hello." Charlie pointed at herself "Queen of unnecessary banter?" 

"She could argue about anything, just give her a topic." Jared giggled adorably and stuffed the remains of his ice cream cone into his mouth

"Okay." Tyler placed his elbows on the table, his fingertips pressed together "The earth is round."

"You have crossed the line, mister." Charlie gasped audibly "I will not argue about flat earth with you because everybody knows that the earth is round."

"Or is it now?" Jared leaned in and smiled creepily

"The government is brainwashing you." Tyler copied Jared's movements, a sinister chuckle rumbled in his throat

"I have an urge to punch you both." Charlie rolled her eyes "I won't hesitate." 

Jared just laughed, meanwhile, Tyler acted all offended. He declared divorce and threw his invisible ring in Charlie's face. She picked the ring up and mourned the loss of her lover and quoted Hamlet. Jared quietly sipped tea, and by tea, I mean stale mountain dew. 

"Since Tyler is a whiny shrimp I've decided that I'm gonna go to Sephora," Charlie exclaimed

"No!" Tyler raised his hands in the air dramatically 

"You did this to yourself." Jared snickered and pushed Tyler off the seat so he could stand up

The brunet writhed in agony, anything but Sephora. Waiting for a girl to pick her makeup was probably even worse than waiting for her to pick her outfit. 

"Hey, come on, you'll love it." Charlie dragged Tyler off the floor "Dude, people are watching."

"I do not care," Tyler pressed the back of his hand against his forehead dramatically "Nothing matters, my life is over."

"You don't care about the people, huh?" Charlie smirked and let go of Tyler, the brunet slumped on the ground again and laid there like a deflated frog "Not even Mr. His-Abs-Are-So-Nice?"

Tyler immediately jumped to his feet and started dusting off his pants vigorously.

"Why didn't you fucking tell me?" Tyler hissed through his gritted teeth

"Wait, you like him?" Jared squeaked

"Shut up!" Tyler wailed

"Wait, you like him?" Jared leaned in to whisper that to Tyler, this time quietly 

Charlie eyed down the older man, casually walking towards them and grinned like her plan of world domination was finally unravelling successfully. 

"I just wanted you to make you suffer like you did to me." Charlie's lips curled into a sarcastic smile

"Let's go to that damn Sephora, he won't follow us there," Tyler uttered as he dragged Charlie to the store

"Are you sure?" Jared slithered in between them "Because I don't think he's here to buy shoes."

Tyler glanced at the man who now had a blonde clinging to his arm like a stray cobweb. A shiver ran down Tyler's spine, there was that pressure in his chest again.

"Can she not?" Jared tried to hide behind the two

Tyler watched as Josh leaned down, his lips met the girl's and didn't move for a few seconds. Tyler's gut twisted painfully, he moved his gaze away and stared at a random foundation pretending that he was interested. 

"Oh, look, this one is moisturising..." Tyler murmured

"I think I need eye lobotomy." Jared pressed his fist against his mouth, the blond's cheeks puffed out "Oh, god, she's eating his face."

"It's like that movie with face-hugging alien spider things." Charlie's lips twisted into a disgusted frown "What's it called?"

"Alien covenant." Tyler murmured without taking his eyes off the makeup

"He must feel so uncomfortable." Jared sighed "Poor guy."

"If he didn't like it he wouldn't let it happen." Tyler rolled his eyes and squirted some foundation on the back of his hand

"That is not your shade, boo." Charlie pointed out

"Someone's jealous," Jared smirked making Tyler hide his reddened face

"No, I'm not."

"That is exactly what a jealous person would say." the blond boy sighed and grabbed a mascara "Look at these fucking prices, bitch."

Charlie stared at the couple, the blood in her veins boiling. He couldn't stand her friend being upset so she came up with a plan. One way or another Tyler is going to smile and Josh is going to see how beautiful that smile is. 

"Hold my Laura Mercier." Charlie handed Jared her tiny Sephora shopping basket

"This is like forty bucks." Jared's face twisted with profound pain

"Charlie, no." Tyler grabbed the redhead's arms

"Charlie, yes." she grinned "Relax, I'm just gonna say hi."

"Stop." Tyler hissed, his face heated up from embarrassment

The older man and his girlfriend were walking into the store. It was too late to try to hide, Josh already saw him.

Tyler stood behind Jared pretending that he didn't see Josh enter the store. 

Charlie glanced at Tyler with a devious smirk on her lips and walked back to the front to 'say hi' to the couple. 

Tyler cursed Satan for meeting that crazy red-haired girl while Jared moped about the prices.