Chapter Forty

Nine months have passed and it has been extremely hectic.

When I was 6 months pregnant, the pregnancy glow was really real.

Kat and I planned a babymoon to the coast, where we relaxed and enjoyed our easy days before the babies came. Colton and Mike came to do all the heavy lifting and the catering to our every need, but we had to cut our babymoon short because Kat's water broke.

Kat gave birth to her twins via c-section and to say that I passed out wouldn't be a lie! I know I want to be an Obstetrician but damn all that blood and then the placenta! Kat had it easy, I had to push this baby out! After seeing so much blood, and having my best friend laugh at me as she's laying open on the table, I couldn't stay in there anymore. Mike took my spot to keep Kat company and it's honestly weird the way he's changed. He seems like a more serious and grounded Mike than the one we knew before.

Even though Kat had her babies, our moms decided to throw us a surprise gender neutral baby shower. We were swamped with piles of clothes, toys, furniture and technology for the baby, that we didn't need to buy anything for the nursery. Obviously when the guys set up the room a few months back all they did was paint it and put new carpet in but now they get to assemble furniture for the room.

Being able to practice with the twins have given me hope that I would be a good mom. Kat, Kathryn and my mom all helped me and Colton with showing us ways to sooth and care for a baby. Colton had a bit of difficulty with changing a diaper and it was hilarious to watch but he just kept practicing.

Rebecca also had her baby, 2 weeks after Kat's twins were born and George sent me a picture. Kat and I burst out laughing because the baby had a head full of blonde hair and green eyes. I have decided to forgive George because he didn't like the way the family treated me; You see me and George were really close when I was little and our relationship was very strong.

Everyone knows that every Montgomery baby that is born has black hair. George also sent us a video of Harley's face when he came to announce that the baby was born and that it wasn't his. It was sad to see his reaction but everyone tried to tell him that the baby wasn't his. Now he has been trying to call Kat but Kat's not falling for any of it. He came by the house a few times but we always told him she wasn't here, when she was actually upstairs with the twins.

Alaric and April have been a bit secretive lately and it had me and Kat wanting to investigate, but Bella stopped us and told us that if they wanted us to know then they would've told us. We respected that but it didn't mean that we stopped watching them more closely. Alaric would always make April upset, which is unusual because we never thought April could even get upset and you could also tell that Alaric was more frustrated now then ever before. Alaric has actually changed, he's seem to have a more of a mean streak, and I gotta be honest... I don't like this change.

A month leading up to my due date, Colton started to act weird. He would be out all day, 'with the guys' and he wouldn't get home until midnight. Whenever I asked him what he was doing he would shrug me off and it would eventually lead to an argument. It's when I noticed his finances change that I started to worry, so I asked Mike to look into it for me and he did. Colton had sold his Condo, sold his bike and bought a house 3 hours from here. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to fight and get stressed out.

A week before I was admitted to the hospital, Colton and I were having trouble picking out a name for the baby. It was a choice between Auri and Aria; we loved both names but we just couldn't choose. So we wrote each name out on a napkin and laid them face down on each of Colton's hands. We were going to let the twins choose and Kat loved the idea. Twin A hit Colton's left hand, making the napkin almost fall off his hand, after he fixed it and switching the napkins to different hands, multiple times to where i forgot which name was on the napkin. Twin B, was banging their hands on the table but reached out and grabbed the napkin that was in his right hand, surprisingly that napkin had the slobber from Twin A. Without opening the napkin, Colton folded it and slipped it in his pocket.

Now our baby girl is one month old and the twins were four months old. We were throwing a farewell party for Kat and the twins. She was leaving me to live in England for a year but she will be back. Kat was smiling ear to ear as she held one of the twins and Mike held the other. Mike made the decision to go to England with Kat so she had extra help but I really think that he's falling in love with my best friend.

Kat and I decided that she would take Leo with her to England since he is more attached to her and the babies than Molly is. Molly was going to stay with me in the house and she would have Abby for company. The dogs have gotten used to being separated now and we don't think it will be much of a problem for them.

All of our friends and family came, except my adopted family, they were a no show. But Colton's siblings, nieces and nephews and cousins came, Houston showed up, April's sister showed up and Lauren freaking Braxton made an appearance. Supposedly she's Colton's, cousins best friend. His friends from high school showed up, except Bethany and Cooper, I would've loved to meet them again!

As Cory was taking a picture of me with Kat, the twins and the baby. Kat and the twins quickly disappeared and Colton takes their place.

"Aurora, baby. I have something I want to say and ask you," he turns me to face him. I noticed everyone stop and focus on us, "I sold my condo, I sold my bike and yes I sold your truck. I bought us a house, a Range Rover and a Mercedes for our growing family. Aurora, you are my dream come true and you are my world. You are the joy in my heart, the smile on my face and the laughter in my voice. We compliment each other so beautifully and together we can do and face anything. The first time I saw you I knew you were mine, and it wasn't long after that I knew I fell in love with you. You are the person I knew that I was meant to spend the rest of my life with. You are an amazing, incredible and strong woman that I have ever known." He bent down on one knee and I covered my mouth with one hand since I had the baby in the other. But soon that changed because my mom came and got her, "you are my world. You are my life. You are my best friend. You are my soulmate, my everything and I promise to you that I will always love you with my whole heart." He looked over at baby girl, "I have my princess and now I need my queen. So my question to you is," he reveals a beautiful ring that was sitting in a little black box, "Aurora Raegan Montgomery, will you do me the honor and just be with me, my queen."

I swooned as he stared up at me and I stared back at him.

Will I be his queen?