Chapter Two

Stuffing a few last things in my suitcase, I zip it up, walk it out to the living room and set it by the couch. I head back into my room, grabbed my carry-on bag from the top of my closet and began to put all my electronics in there. I unplug my iPad mini, MAC laptop and phone from their charging base and stuff them in my carry-on bag. Along with that I put my notebook, which held my notes, in it with the text book so I could get some studying done while I'm home. Walking back out into the living room I set my carry-on bag onto the couch near my suitcase, then headed to the pantry.

Our apartment was a cute 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom with a wrap around balcony, it starts on Kats side and ends with the living room, making a L shape. Our front door is a double door, theres a guest bathroom off to the left along with the large open kitchen. On the right is the sunk in living room, we have a U shaped couch and a floor to ceiling entertainment center that hold our plasma tv and speakers. Large floor to ceiling windows wrap around the entire apartment, since we have a corner apartment. Two large French doors open out to the balcony and gives us a beautiful view of the city. Theres a long hallway in between the living room and kitchen that leads to me and Kats room. My room is on the left and hers is on the right. We both have walk in closets and our own private bathrooms.

"How many bags are you bringing?" I asked Kat, as she made her way down the hallway dragging a large suite case in one hand and struggling with a medium one in the other.

"Oh, just this large one with my clothes in it, this medium one with my toiletries and shoes in it, then there's my carry-on bag which holds my electronics," she explained as she walked back into her room, "which I am going to go grab."

"You're not taking any books with you to study over the break?" I yell after her while taking a bite out of a banana,

"Rory, its only a three day break," she said placing a plastic bag on her medium suit case, "I'll study when I get back. Can you hand me a banana?"

I look at her then at the kitchen then back at her, "Kat, we are exactly the same distance from the kitchen. You can't go grab one yourself?" She rolled her eyes and went to get one. I fiddled with the plastic bag, "So, whats in the bag?"

"Baby stuff!" She said with a mouthful of banana,

"When the hell did you go baby shopping?" I grab the plastic bag and dump the contents out on the island bar,

"Last night," she shrugged, "I couldn't sleep!"

I looked at her and nudged her arm, "seriously? I wanted to shop too!"

She laughed, "Sorry!"

"Sorry my ass!" I stuck my tongue at her which she returned,

There's no friendship like ours.

"What all did you get?" I shuffle through the pile,

"Okay, so heres what I got," She pulled out five shirts, three pairs of jeans, two pairs of khaki shorts, three onesies, two pairs of jammies, five pairs of shoes, a jacket, a sweater, four hats and a pair of ray bans.

I look at my best friend, then at the stuff, then back at her again, "seriously?"

"Duh," she gave me a 'why wouldn't I?' look, "read the t-shirts."

The first one said: Just Chillen' Like A Villain.

The Second: NO need to grab ladies, everyone can have a TURN

The Third: I drink until I PASS out

The Fourth: POOP.... I put that shit on everything

The Fifth: To Do List: √ crap pants, √ Take a nap √ suck titites

"Oh, your mom is going to get you for this," I say stuffing them back into the bag, but I laugh it off, "this is genius!"

"I know right, I had them made last night," There was a knock on the door, "Come on, that must be Jerry, he's going to take our bags downstairs and that also must mean that Robert is here!"

I made sure every light was turned off as well as the air conditioning. After running through each room making sure the doors to the balconies were all locked, I headed back into the living room to see that all our things were gone, which means Kat was already at the elevators waiting for me; so, turning off the living room light, I closed the front door behind me and locked it.

I saw Kat holding the elevator for me, I jogged a little to hurry up. We rode the elevator down to the ground floor, where we saw Jerry loading the car with our bags and Robert helping him.

"Hello Robert," I say, "Are you spending time with your family for the holidays?"

"Oh yes!" he smiled, "thank you for asking Miss. Montgomery."

I nodded and slid in the car, Kat followed, "Bye Jerry, Happy Thanksgiving!"

Jerry waved and rolled the trolley back into the apartment complex. Robert got behind the wheel of the car and cranked it up. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to see I had a text from my mom, without responding, I sat it on the seat.

"Hey, Robert, how's Maggie doing?" Kat asked as she scrolled through Instagram on her phone,

"She's doing great, Miss. Lawrence." He kept his eyes on the road,

"Hows the baby? Isn't it her first Thanksgiving?"

His smile grew so big, "yes ma'am it is. Maggie sent me picture of the outfit she just bought the baby, its a little turkey outfit." He handed us his phone to see the outfit,

"Oh my gosh, that is so cute," I cooed at the little outfit, "Kat look!"

She gasped taking the phone out of my hand, "where did she find that? I need one for the baby!"

I looked at her, "Kat, the baby wont be here for Thanksgiving,"

"I know that Rory, I meant for the next Thanksgiving!" she rolled her eyes and handed the phone back to Robert, "hey tell Maggie to text me the place she got the outfit from."

"Sure thing Miss. Lawrence," He entered the highway,

The ride was a good 30 minute ride to the airport and this whole time, Kat kept talking about how this girl in her class thinks shes better than everyone else because her parents are lawyers and started her early in studying law. I asked her 'why she just didn't tell everyone who her parents were', and she said 'she didn't want to get special treatment from the professor.'

Robert pulled into the airport docking area, and parked next to the jet. Following Kat, I climbed out the car but looked back to make sure I didn't forget anything. Robert started moving our luggage from the car to the jet, with the help of Tommy, the co-pilot.

"Happy Thanksgiving Rob!" Kat called out while making her way up the steps, "Hey you never told us the name of your little girl,"

"Oh, we named her Emma," his smile grew at the mention of his daughters name, "and have a Happy Thanksgiving as well ladies."

"See you when we get back!" I call out and find my seat on the jet.

Me and Kat settled down in the jet and relaxed as we made our way back to Texas.