Chapter Twelve

PART TWO

I turn in his direction, but I don't look at him.

If I look at his face it will bring back so many memories and not the good or the bad ones but the ones that we never got the chance to have, "yeah?"

"It's ah... It's good to see you!" He said,

"Uh, yeah!" I climb up behind Maya, "you ready baby girl?" she nodded,

"Hey, how've you been?" He kept trying,

"Good." I one word him,

"Um, are you staying for Thanksgiving?"

"I don't know," I tighten the reins and start to move MidNight, but was stopped when he grabbed the bridle,

"Tink, why won't you look at me?"

When he said that name, it triggered something in me. My green eyes cut and bore into his blue ones, "do not call me that!"

"But it's your nickname!" he looked confused,

"No....it's not and it hasn't been for a long time!" I tug on the reins again but Colton's hold on the bridle tightens, "let go of the bridle Colton!"

"Tony!" He stepped closer, his chest brushed against my foot, "you call me Tony!"

"No, I called my best friend Tony," I hissed, "now let go of my fucking horse!"

I kick my foot, slightly hitting him in the chest, when he felt my foot he let go and we took off running!

Shit, shit, shit! I wasn't supposed to run into him on this trip! Harley told me he wasn't coming to Texas this year! That mother fucking liar, you wait until I get my hands on him!

When we made it back to the barn, I took Maya in my arms and didn't bother taking care of MidNight. I drop the reins in Patricks hands and make my way to the house.

"Where is Harley!?" I set Maya down and direct my question to the women who were sitting in the living room watching TV.

"He's in the cave with the guys," my mom looked at me and knew that something was up. "Aurora, what in the world has gotten into you?"

Maya spoke up and before I went down to the basement, I heard what Maya said, "Uncle Colton was in the field."

All the girls gasped but I ignore them and continue on my mission to kill Harley. No female was allowed in the man cave but today, I could give less of a fuck! Harley was sitting on the couch along wit George, Liam and Houston watching a football game and daddy was sitting in his recliner messing with the same damn gadget!

I grabbed him by the shirt and hulled him to the ground. I straddled his stomach while pinning his arms under my knees,

"Rory, what the hell?" I pinched his arm and beat on his chest, "damn it Rory that hurts."

"Good," I grabbed his neck, "you told me he wasn't going to be here this year!"

"He's not!" He eyes going wide,

"Then why did I just see him Harley?"

"I...I don't know!"

My hands tightened around his neck, "why was he trying to talk to me like nothing ever happened, Harley?"

"Rory, I... I can't breathe."

Someone pulled me off him. I fixed my clothing and hair and looked at the person who picked me up, it was Houston.

"Next time, don't ever step in the way of a sibling fight," he held his hands up in surrender,

I walked towards the stairs and buried my face in my hands,

"Rory?" Harley's voice came soft, "Aurora I didn't...." He put his hand on my shoulder,

"Don't fucking touch me!" I jump away from him, "you lied to me Harley!"

"No! No, I didn't..." He starts but I cut him off,

"You never lie to me!" I headed up the stairs,

"Aurora wait!" I heard him call out,

But I ignored my brother.

I ignored Maya.

I ignored the looks from the women and from my other brothers.

I ignored George's attempts to get me to stop and talk to him.

I ran past the women, who all had concerned looks on their face and up to my room. Closing my suitcase after putting all my bathroom products back into the bag. I take a look around my room,

Guess I'm not staying for Thanksgiving.

I checked my phone after hearing it buzz,

KatKat: U OKAY? 😕

Me: YEAH! IM FINE👍👌

KatKat: UR ALWAYS WELCOMED HERE

Me: I KNW THTS Y IM PACKING, IM COMING OVR. 😪

Katkat: U CNT THIS YEAR!

Me: WAT? Y NT?😧

KatKat: CAUSE WE R COMIN TO UR HOUSE! WE R ON OUR WAY ACTUALLY. N IM STAYN OVR

Me: YEAH? THTS AWSOME! 😱😄

KatKat: THTS WHT I SAID N MUM IS EXCITED 2 CAUSE NOW SHE DSNT HAV TO COOK! 😂😭

Me: 🙈 UR MOM IS SUMTIN ELSE!

KatKat: UHH, BTH OUR MUMS PUT TGETHR IS SUMTIN ELSE! 🙏👭

Me: TRU THT! WHN R U GETTIN HERE? 😁

KatKat: NOW 😉

The doorbell rang and I bolted downstairs, I push Harley out of the way and opened the door. I was not met with Kat, nor Kathryn and not even Daniel. Harley was standing behind me and he stood just as frozen and shocked as I was.

Why? Why? Why? Why?

Harley grabbed a staring Colton by the arm and moved him from the door post to the living room, "what the hell bro? Your supposed to be in Tennessee!"

"Yeah, I know. But I saw her!" He looked back at me, "I haven't spoken to her since that summer, eight years ago!"

I looked back at the door to see Kat there with a sad look on her face. She opened her arms, I went into them, as I felt the tears roll down my face.