Chapter Twenty Two

PART TWO

I jumped back! I felt the blood drain from my face as I stare at him. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see everyone rush into the hallway.

"What?" It was barely a whisper but it still managed to come out.

"Aurora, I didn't mean it." He reached for me but I flinched back,

"What did you just say?" He hung his head and went quiet.

I turned to mom and dad, mom was leaning into dads arms while he was soothing her, she was crying. I looked at the rest of my brothers, everyone avoided my eyes, including their wives.

Anger.

Anger filled me, "WHAT THE HELL DID HE MEAN?" I yell, everyone jumped at my tone but right now I could really give less than a fuck what they are feeling right now, "what the fuck is he talking about?" I directed this question to my parents.

Dad spoke up, "you were adopted." he didnt even have the audacity to look me in the face,

It felt like I was just punched in the stomach and a bucket of ice water was poured on me as all the air left my body. I couldn't breath. I looked at everyone, they were all crying.

"Why the fuck are you all crying?" I fake laugh, "I should be the one crying. I was lied to my entire life! You guys lied to me for 21 years. When were you ever going to tell me? I mean were you ever going to tell me?"

I looked at everyone and no one said a word. So I turn and walk up to my so called parents, "How could you do this to me?" I directed this question to my mom, "you sit on your asses and read useless books and play with that damn gadget, that you can't take 10 minutes out of your time to tell me that I'm adopted!" I scream, "I... hate you."

I looked between my 5 brothers, "I fucking hate you all. You comforted me, you each held me tight and told me I was the best sister ever, but you couldn't even bring yourself to tell me I'm adopted? You lied to me!"

I knew Kat was in the room also, I turn to her, "did you know about this?" She shook her head no, I nodded but turned my attention to the rest of my so called family. They were all sad but I don't know why they would bother being sad when they were the ones lying to me my whole damn life!

I couldn't stand the sight of them anymore. I brushed past Liam and George, I stopped short of the door and looked at the bitch. Pregnant or not, I marched over to her and punched her square in the face, "enjoy this fake ass family!" then ran out the front door, gabbing Kat's keys on the way out.

I'm walking down the driveway towards Kat's car when I felt a hand on my shoulder, I knew who it was. I balled my hand into a fist. As I turned to face him I swung my hand and it came in contact with his jaw, shit, now my hand was throbbing. He fell to the ground and held his jaw,

"Stay the fuck away from me Harley."

I can't believe he would run after me when he was the one who broke the news. I saw the rest of the fake family come out on the porch but I continued towards Kat's car. I slid in the driver seat and proceeded to back out when I noticed someone sitting in the passenger seat,

"Kat." Tears started coming down,

"I know Rory, I'm so sorry,"

She knew. That's what made me choose Kat as my best friend.

I step on the gas and speed down the highway. I don't know where I'm going but all I need is to calm down and driving fast is the only thing that calms me. I hear the click of Kat's seatbelt. I know she is pregnant and hates fast driving and wants to tell me to slow down but she also knows that I need this.

An hour passes by and I start slowing down. I pull over to the side of the highway, I get out and walk towards the woods. I stand there and stare into the darkness that the trees create when they come close together.

Why would they lie to me? Why would they keep that secret from me? Why?

I scream!

I scream until my throat hurts.

I fall to my knees and cry into my hands.

I cry like I've never cried before.

I scream while I cry.

Kat comes and hugs me, she's always been there for me. I turn into her and bury myself in her hair and cry.

All they had to do was fucking tell me.