Chapter Twenty One

PART ONE

Three weeks have past since Harley showed up at our apartment door. Kat has not brought up the subject and neither have I, but since then she has developed morning sickness. We FaceTimed Bella and April two days after finding out she was pregnant, they were really excited.

It's Christmas break, we passed our board exams and now we were back in Texas and we are currently sitting in the living room talking about Harley's wedding to the witch of a bitch. I just can't believe he sprung this on us because of the mistake that he thinks he made. He doesn't even love her. The girl he loves is sitting next to me, stiff as a flag pole, pregnant with his baby and with a shattered heart,

"It's going to be okay, Kat." I nudge her. Something different in Kat changed since she got that phone call yesterday. And I can't tell if it's good or bad all i know is that she is really avoiding my brothers stares, "he's making another big mistake."

My dumb ass brother decided that in order to try and fix his mistake is to marry Rebecca.

HE'S GETTING MARRIED!

And he decided to tell us now, 3 weeks after delivering that shattering news!

Kat has dodged every text, every call and every DM from Harley for 3 weeks. The morning after Harley left, I tried talking about it but she would always change the subject. I think my brother actually broke her heart this time.

"So the colors are red and pink?" My mom asked cautiously,

"Yes. Red is Har's favorite color and pink is mine." Gawd how can a girls voice be so annoying,

I made a disgusted sound and rolled my eyes, "you're kidding right? Those are horrible colors."

The witch looked at me, "well when we get to your wedding Aurora, then you can have your own opinions." She grabbed my brothers hand and rubbed circles on his forearm, "which might be never!"

I felt Kat put her hand on my shoulder and squeezed it to ease the tension there. I just want to take my hands and wrap them around her thin little neck and just.... squeeze!

I saw his eyes dart to Kat, but he quickly looked away, ugh, "You can't marry her Harley."

Everyone looks at me but nobody objects,

"Why not?" He challenges,

"You don't love her."

"Yes I do." His eyes dart at Kat again then came back at me, "I've loved her since the day I met her,"

"Which has lead to this on and off again thing you guys have been doing for years." I stand up, "she is just trapping you. That's not even your baby! She got knocked up by someone else and is trying to trick you. And with you being so naive, your actually falling for it!"

Everyone gasped but I kept my eyes on Harley.

Everyone knew that I overheard Rebecca on the phone two days ago talking to her parents that she has him in her grip and she had to sleep with someone else before sneaking and slipping into Harley's bed that night. I told Kat and she believed me without a second thought, I have even tried telling Harley before but he wasn't believing it.

Harley stands also, "you shut your mouth and stop talking about my fiancé like that!"

"I can say anything I want, it's a damn free country! And she is trapping you! She's trapping all of us!"

He's staring at me, "let's take this out in hallway." He turns his attention back to the family, "why don't ya'll finish, I'll be right back!"

As soon as we got into the hallway out of everyone's ear shot, I whisper shout at him, "What the hell is your problem Harley? You've been treating me like trash when you shouldn't because you were the one who made the mistake, not me."

"I don't have a problem Rory! You just can't accept that me and Rebecca are getting married..."

"You can't just marry her because she's pregnant!" I cut him off, "Har, it's not your baby and you know you don't love her. She's a bitch and you don't even see it!"

"She is not a bitch!" He was yelling now, pointing his finger at my face, "you have no right to say that! I love her!"

"No you don't, you love the idea of having a family of your own but that," I point towards the living room," is not the family you want, they aren't yours to have Harley but their is a girl in there who is madly in love with you and you don't even take that seriously! And get your dirty fucking finger out of my face! Gawd Harley, can you be so dull? She's making you think that you are in love with her because of that thing growing inside her but we all know who you really love.... Even you." I look him in his light brown eyes, I lower my voice, "come on Harley, who you gonna believe bro? Your flesh and blood or a girl you've known on and off for years...."

"DAMN IT RORY, YOU ARE NOT MY FLESH AND BLOOD!!" He yelled.

I froze.