Chapter Thirty Seven

I walked into the house and was greeted by Molly. I drop my bag onto the floor and proceed into the kitchen, where unfortunately, everyone was there.

Kat was sitting at the island counter eating a bowl of mixed fruit with her big belly preventing her from getting close to the counter. April and Bella were sitting in the windowed book area; April had a book and Bella had her laptop. Alaric, Mike and Cory were sitting at the kitchen dinner table eating bowls of cereal.

"How was the appointment? Did the doctor find out what kind of bug you got?" Cory asked while eating,

"Oh yeah, I definitely found out what was making me sick." I toss the ultrasound onto the island in front of Kat. She picked it up and screamed. Everyone jumped up and gathered around Kat, trying to get a look at what Kat was screaming at.

I rested my elbows on the counter and buried my face in my hands.

"Your pregnant!" April, Bella and Kat yelled at the same time,

"What are you having?" Mike asked

"I don't know yet." I rub my face, "and it's just one baby."

They chuckle.

"Do you girls have to keep popping out babies?" Alaric whined, "you girls are going to make us all soft!"

Us girls started laughing.

"Well sorry guys but I'm tired and I need to sleep," I say as I take the picture back,

"I'll walk with you." Kat got off her stool and waddled over to me. Leo right behind her, "I'm tired as well."

I nod and we begin our journey upstairs.

As we get into my room I go straight for my bed, "I don't know what I'm going to do Kat!" I lay on my back. Leo and Molly follow us upstairs and into my room.

She sits next to me, rubbing her swollen belly, "it's not so bad Rory. Besides, your not alone in this."

"But aren't I?" I look at her, "your leaving after the babies are born and I'll be 6 months by then!"

"Awe, Rory. How about this. I'll wait 3 months after the babies are born so that I will be there when you give birth, it will also give me time to get their passports and papers ready. Besides, you will also have a house full of our best friends and you have a baby daddy who actually wants you and I'm pretty sure he will want that baby too! I'm the one with the baby daddy that's to stupid to realize what he's missing out on."

"I'm so sorry about my brother, he could be an idiot sometimes." I sigh, "Which reminds me that I actually have to tell Colton."

"You haven't called him yet?" She asked and I shook my head, "well when was the last time you talked to him?"

I rested my hand on my stomach, "the night we created this child. Ugh, I don't know how he is going to react, he's doing so well in his football career!"

"Aurora, that man is in love with you. Please stop being stubborn and give him a chance!" She stood up and rubbed Leo's head, "give him a chance before someone else comes and steals him away."

With that she goes to her room, Leo right on her heels.

I pull my phone out and scroll for his name. I had asked Harley for his number a few days ago because I wanted to apologize for my words that morning. Molly jumps on the bed and lays next to me, "it's now or never, right girl?"

She licked my face and I laugh.

I hit the call button and listen to the ringtone. After a few rings his voice came through the phone,

"Hello?"

"Uh, Colton?" I say in a questioning tone,

"May I ask who this is?"

"It's me, Aurora," he inhaled, "we need to talk."