Chapter Sixteen

(PART ONE)

I started walking back to my house with Houston while Kat gave her bags to Tucker and jogged to catch up with us.

"Are you going to ride the horses with us to the lake?" I asked Houston,

"Uh, no." he laughed, "I think I'll just drive my truck."

"Why? Dont you know how to ride a horse?" Kat asked,

"Yes, I know how to ride a horse, but aren't Camilla and Kiara coming?" we both nod, "wouldn't it be wise if they didnt ride a horse in their pregnant state?"

"Hmm," I look at Kat and she looked back at me, "that's a solid reason to drive your truck."

"But we still don't believe you can ride, so until you prove it, go on ahead and drive your truck," Kat winked at him,

We both laugh as we head around the house towards the barn, leaving Houston behind with a smile on his face.

"Do you think you and Houston can be an item?" she asked,

"I don't know," I nod at Patrick as he began getting MidNight and Greta ready to ride, "he seems like a really good guy, but he has a lot going on in his life right now and I don't think a relationship is what he or I need right now."

Kat nodded. She walked down each stall and rubbed the nose of the horses, "I totally understand that."

"What about Harley? I know he said some horrible things this morning but will he ever have a shot?"

She shrugged her shoulders and kissed Pharaoh on the nose.

"Alright, Mrs. Montgomery, the horses are ready for you ladies," Patrick walked up to us with MidNights reins in one hand and Greta's reins in the other.

We took our designated horses and mounted them,

"Thank you Patrick," he nodded and resumed taking care of the other horses. I looked at Kat and we both smiled as we nudged our horses into a trot.

The second we made it out of the gate, we kicked our horses into a full run.

I closed my eyes as I felt the wind flow over my face. I trusted MidNight, so I let go of the reins and threw my hands out to the side.

I was flying.

I started to laugh at how free I felt riding on my horse. The thoughts of Colton had vanished; the thoughts of my relationship with my father; final exams; my pending acceptances to Medical School. It all vanished. I opened my eyes and grabbed hold of the reins, pulling on it to slow MidNight down a bit.

I heard Kat whistle and I look over to see her, galloping next to me.

"You were going to run right through the bonfire full speed, if you hadn't come to your senses," I stuck my tongue out at her and she returned it by giving me the finger, "so are you ready to see Colton?"

I pulled MidNight to a stop and slid off, "are you ready to see Harley?"

"Touché,"

We tie the horses up next to two other horses, they looked like Napoleon and Starshine; which means Harley and April are already here.

Kat grabbed my hand and we started the two minute journey towards the lake, "come on, I need a drink."

We rounded the last large oak tree and see a large mound of wood piled in the shape of a tepee. We walked over to April and Harley,

"Mind if we get a beer?" I say and April spins around and lunges at us. Wrapping her arms around us, pulling us into a hug.

She squeals, "O-M-G. You guys finally made it!"

She pulled away and we all got a good look at each other. April had cut her dirty blonde hair, shorter than I last saw her. It was shoulder length but she pulled back half of it with a clip and she was every bit still Asian persuasion as ever.

"It's so good to see you again." I smile at her, "It's been a good minute hasn't it?"

"Well, duh." April giggled, "you hardly visit anymore."

I was about to open my mouth when a blue GMC truck pulled up followed by a pink convertible Camaro.

Me and Kat looked at each other then back at the car as we watched our beautiful, golden haired, best friend get out the front seat and my little brothers climb out the back.

"Couldn't find a brighter pink?" Kat smiled, earning the finger from Bella.

"Ha, Ha, Ha. Very funny Kat." Her eyes turned to me, "Rory!"

We hugged each other, "I've missed you Bells."

"I missed you to," I felt her head shift on my shoulder towards Kat, "I missed you too bitch."

"I know."

The four of us laughed as we hooked arm in arm and headed for the now lit fire pit.

Camilla and Kiara rode with Houston in his truck, which means Liam and George rode horses.

Liam and George showed up 3 minutes later on two horse, laughing hysterically.

Everyone was accounted for, so we all gathered around the bonfire.

Kat rested her head on my shoulder and I grabbed her hand. Bella sat beside me and next to her was Houston then Harley and Blake then Peter. Near Peter was Kiara, George, Liam, Camilla then April.

Once we were all situated Kiara spoke up and started our tradition,

"Never have I ever been caught doing something wrong by my parents."

Everyone took a drink except April. And Camilla.

April didn't drink because we all know she is a Christian and too much of an angel to do anything wrong and Camilla didn't drink because she is pregnant as well as Kiara but they still wanted to play.

We started playing this game called Never Have I Ever a few years ago and now it has turned into a tradition.

"Okay my turn," Harley was staring at Kat, who was avoiding his gaze, "Never have I ever sent a sext."

Everyone drank except, Houston, April, me and Blake.

April was about to go until a rumbling sound interrupted her. We all turn around to see a motorcycle pull up. The engine turned off and my heart dropped when I recognized the person who got off it. I turned to look at Harley and he looked just as surprised, so I knew that he was completely unaware of him coming. My head fell and my gaze stared into the fire.