"You'll learn to" I offered "I'm a good driver Dal, I promise"

He groaned "fine" he said and scooted over to the passenger seat.

I bit my lip and climbed into to the drivers side.

I started the car and pulled out into the road.

"Where are you takin us?" Dallas asked.

"You'll see" I responded as I continued to drive.

It took me about 30 minutes of driving before we reached where I was driving to. I parked at the edge of the woods. Cole was the one to introduce me to this place, we came here on our one date.

"What are we doin here?" Dallas wondered. He was never really up for this kinda stuff.

"I wanna show you somethin" I responded, shutting the car off and hopping out of the car.

Dallas did the same from the passenger side and pulled out a carton of cigarettes. Once we were besides each other, he offered one to me.

I took one out and he put the carton away. He pulled out a lighter and lit his before holding the lighter to mine. I took a hit of it and then blew it out.

"Follow me" I said, beginning to walk into the woods.

He sighed and followed me into the woods. We walked for a few minutes until we made it to a small clearing. It looked exactly like I remembered it.

We stood there for a moment until I walked over to the the edge of the cliff and sat down. Dallas came up next to me and did the same.

"So, why'd you wanna see me kid?" Dallas asked, hitting his cigarette.

"I can't just hang out with my brother?" I wondered, flicking ash off my cigarette. I sighed "actually no, we need to figure this out"

"Figure what out?" He asked looking over to me.

"What were gonna do, I'm not gonna be able to live with the Curtis's my whole life. They're all gonna move onto better things and I came here to live with my brother." I finished.

He nodded "you're right, I told you we would figure this out. I'm gonna get a job and I'm gonna help save up for a house okay" he nodded "I'm sorry Ella, I know I've been all over the place lately. I'm not use to havin my sister around, or any family at that" he purses his lips.

I winced "I know, but Dallas we both gotta better ourselves ... you know I don't think you need someone to be happy but maybe you'd be happier with someone. For example Soda keeps me stable now... maybe Lacey?".

Dallas groaned in frustration "I ruined that Ella, I'm done with Lacey and that's that".

"Dallas, from what I've seen she'd be good for you. Ponyboy told me some about her. I'm not sayin you need to or anything ... but maybe you should go see her sometime" I offered.

"We'll see" he said, taking a long hit of his cigarette "hey uh, how are you 'n SodaPop doin?" He wondered.

I smiled softly at the thought of him "he's made me soft Dal, he really has. I adore him."

"You uh, you think y'all are gonna get married?" He continued wondered.

I chuckled "I mean I don't know Dal, we're only sixteen. Most people don't get married til at least eighteen, Ponyboys still goin through high school. Why is everyone bringin up marriage lately" I crinkled up my nose "plus, I don't know if im ever ready for that."

He chuckled "maybe you're just scared to get married" he pointed out.

"Do you blame me?" I sighed "I'm too young and nothing lasts forever ... maybe even not Soda and I" I shrugged.

"What'd ya mean?"

"I mean, I love Soda. But ... I guess I'm just afraid that he's gonna change his mind. I don't know okay!" I crinkles my nose.

"Okay, okay just know I like Soda a lot more than Mason" he raised an eyebrow and nodded.

"What does that mean" I asked, looking over to him and continued to take hits of my cigarette.

"Masons always had a thing for ya Ella, your just too caught up in SodaPop to see" he said, popping the p in SodaPop.

"Mason is not into me" I pursed my lips.

"He is" he grinned, knowing it was getting to me.

"No, he's not" I hissed.

"Whatever you say" he continued to look over the cliff.

"Whatever. I still think you should give a shot at Lacey"

He glared at me "Whatever" he grumbled "we'll see"