Tearing up, she looked at the ceiling, “I’m gonna die anyway Ash.”

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am, I have a year left, maybe two, tops and that’s being optimistic. You were right, what if this kid saves Orangutans, or wins an Oscar or is a really awesome drummer like the guy that saved her.”

“I can’t kill you.” I whispered.

“You’re not.” She replied, taking my hand, “I’m asking you to help me, save my Baby okay. I would never forgive you if you choose me.”

Wiping my eyes I took a deep breath, “I’m going to miss you.”

“Be with Destiny.” She replied, “She loves you and you love her.”

“I’m never going to forget you.” I mumbled.

Suddenly the door swung open and the doctor strode in, time’s up, have you made a decision?

“Yeah,” I whispered.

~

“She looks like you.”

“Luke, how can she look like him it’s not his.”

“I don’t know, they have the same nose, and she has ET fingers.”

“I think she’s adorable.”

“She has Georgia’s eyes.” Destiny mumbled.

Slowly, so as not to disturb the infant in my arms, I pulled the tiny, ‘I do what I want, I’m punk rock’ hat Luke had gotten for her at the baby shower, lower on her head, to cover her tiny ears.

“She’s so tiny.” Calum whispered, “Are all baby’s that small?”

“No,” Gemma snapped, “She’s two months early!”

“Why isn’t she in one of those in cooperators?” Luke asked.

“An incubator?” Calum sighed.

“Yeah that!” Luke cried.

“Shush!” Gemma cried.

Looking down at the baby I watched her contemplate crying but decide against it. Smiling, I adjusted the humorously small, thread thin cannula in her nose, carefully avoiding the IV in her head.

"So have you decided on a name yet?" the nurse asked, who was hovering over me, watching me like a hawk like she expected me to chuck the baby at the wall.

"Yeah, I think so." I replied.

"What is it?" she asked, removing a pen from her pocket and crossing over to the birth Certificate. 

"Charlotte Georgia Irwin."

"That's a lovely name." she replied, jotting it down.

Smiling, I leaned down, gently kissing her on the forehead, smelling her new baby smell, for the last time before she would be taken away.

~

"She's going to kill me."

"Ashton it'll be okay, I promise." Destiny sighed, squeezing my hand reasuringly as we stood outside the door of Caroline's office.

"Thanks for coming with me." I mumbled.

"Of course." she replied, kissing my cheek, "I wouldn't let you face this bitch alone.

Sighing, I started forward to head inside when the door swung open infront of us. Startled I jumped back, narrolwy avoiding bumping into Caroline and the steaming cup of star bucks in her hand.