Smile - James Barnes

You casually walked down the street one afternoon after finishing your shift at the diner. You were still wearing your uniform, you saw a man leaning against a wall in your peripheral vision and you tried to ignore him as he checked you out.

"Smile doll." He smirked and you looked over at him blankly. "It'll make you look nicer." His smirk turns into a toothy one and you swallow as you try to walk faster. "Hey! Stop!" He called out and you turned around gasping as he grabs your arm harshly, you look into his dark eyes with fear. He pulls you into an alleyway and throws you to the ground, you hit your elbow on the dirty concrete and you feel it start to sting.

"Please, leave me alone." You hold your elbow and look up at him, he walks over to you and pulls you to your feet as he digs his fingers into your arms making you yelp.

"Women." He hissed as he pushed you against the brick wall squeezing your face tightly in one hand. "The next time a man asks you to do something, do it." He hissed at you and you shut your eyes tight and tried to turn your head away, you felt a sharp pain on your right cheek as he slapped you. You held your cheek and looked at him seconds before he punched you hard in the stomach making you slide down the wall gasping for air.

"Hey! Go pick on someone your own size!" You hear a voice say, you keep your head down as you hear a fist against a jaw. You look up to see a tall man in a uniform walking your way, he lends a hand and you hesitantly take it. "Are you alright ma'am?" He asks and you look up into his blue eyes and nod.

"Thank you." You say silently and smile up at him.

"Glad I could be of service. I actually thought you were someone else though." He chuckles and you giggle.

"Who do you think I was?" You smile innocently at him and he smiles at you.

"My best friend, he's always getting into trouble." He rolls his eyes playfully and you giggle and drop your head. "What's your name?" He smirks and you look up at him.

"Y/N." You smile. "You?"

"James. You can call me Bucky if you want." You nod and hold your hand out.

"It's nice to meet you, James." You shake before you both giggle.

"Would you like some ice for your elbow?" He looks at your arm and you bring it up to look at it.

"I'll be fine. I only live around the corner." You shake your head and smile at him.

"Let me escort you. Who knows, that guy could still be around." He smiles kindly and you nod your head and giggle.

"Sure thing."