93. Take Two

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan

This can't be real.

I'm dreaming. There is no other explanation for this.

I was concussed. This is all in my head.

Then why does it feel so real?

I look around and this is clearly my bedroom – there is no other explanation for it. It smells like my room.

Closing my eyes, I pinch my arm. Hard.

I don't feel any different...other than my arm hurting a little more than it did a second ago.

Opening my eyes again quite warily, I'm still standing in my old bedroom in my pajamas.

I walk over to my full-length mirror, and peer really closely at my head.

No bump.

Not even a bruise of some sort.

Why is this happening to me?

I grab my pillow and scream into it, falling back onto my bed.

The most frustrating thing about all of this is that there is literally no one that I can talk to about this without sounding like a crazy person. I wouldn't blame them for thinking it of me, but I know this all happened.

It just had to.

I hear the front door slam shut indicating Marnie has left for school. I jump up, overcome with a brilliant idea. If this has happened, then there must be some kind of physical evidence left over. There must be something of his here. Something small to reassure me of the fact that he happened. That this was all real. I walk hastily to Marnie's bedroom and her old One Direction posters are still hanging there on her walls. Either this is some kind of messed up joke, or I am legitimately here. Neither of them being an option that I would like to consider.

"There must be something," I mumble to myself.

That's it!

I flick through her clothes in her wardrobe, flinging the wooden coat hangers to the side as I try to find it. My hands finally get to what I'm looking for, and I hold my breath as I turn it over in anticipation.

My heart sinks as my eyes spot the perfectly cleaned One Direction shirt that is blatantly missing the lasagna stain on Louis' face.

There has to be something else...

My phone beeps with a snapchat from Scarlett with a video of The Lumineers playing their first song Ho Hey and I am overcome with an idea that might fix all of this.

If none of this has happened, it doesn't mean I can't make it happen.

If this all happened once, than I can do it all over again. We can fall in love all over again, but this time do things right.

A fresh start.

The Lumineers should play for another half hour from what I recall, and Scarlett and I went for iced tea afterwards.

There's still time.

I run to my room, and go through my wardrobe, frantically trying to remember what I wore.