3. Montgomery Manor

If you enjoy reading my story, and would like a sequel, please show some love by voting, and leave some comments telling me your thoughts about the story so far!

"So where are you taking me Ava? I'm starting to feel like this is more of a hostage situation, and not so much a hanging out situation. Should I be worried?" he teases.

I scoff and press the automatic lock button, which locks all the doors in the car. "You're not going anywhere," I joke with a straight face.

"The true Ava comes out," he playfully adds, trying to fire me up - and regrettably, it's working.

"Oh please, since when has this been a hostage situation? I recall about ten minutes ago this was a rescue mission and I was your hero, and you were begging me to spend more time with you!"

"Times have changed," he laughs as he looks out the window. "So when are you going to give me the great pleasure in telling me your surname Miss..." he draws out his question for me to fill in the blanks for him.

"Sinclair," I reply smoothly.

"Ava Sinclair." He says so tantalisingly slow. "I'm glad to now know the name of my captor," he winks.

How could something as simple as my very own name sound so alluring coming out of someone's lips? I swear it's never sounded so... devastatingly exquisite. I quickly snap out of my happy place and try to internally brainstorm somewhere that we could go - preferably leaving my car. I mean, where do you take one of the world's most recognised faces when you don't want to be seen?

Somehow sensing similar thoughts to mine he asks deeply, "Although I do love driving around aimlessly with you, where are we going?"

"I know just the place."

I start driving in the direction of one my favourite places in the outskirts of the city. It's my perfect secret haven and where I come when I want to unwind, and get away from it all. Normally I sit with my thoughts, or a good book and enjoy the solitude, so admittedly it feels quite strange to have someone with me as I pull up to the entrance gate. We drive under the intimidatingly looming sign above.

"Montgomery Manor" he reads aloud, mocking an upper class English accent, sensing the affluence of the establishment.

We exit the car and walk through the beautiful array of endless gardens. I can always count on it being spectacular this time of year. We walk between the carefully tended and radiant hydrangea flowers and I already feel better in being here. More relaxed and less uptight.

We walk along the cobblestone path marked with moss, and I lead him up a slight incline towards my favourite place within the grounds. Right underneath the blossoming leaves of a magnificent cherry blossom tree that overlooks the pristine, untouched lake. Normally bringing me feelings of serenity, though now I can't help but feel that this might be interpreted as being a romantic spot. It's kind of the last thing that I need here right now. I could have taken him to a dump, and in his presence, it would have felt like we were atop the Eiffel Tower.

We spot a nice soft patch of grass I lay down and he follows suit lying alongside me. We lay while we look up admiringly at the various shades of pink coloured flowers. He is the first to break the comfortable silence.

"So where did you find this place? I have an uneasy feeling that we're trespassing," he asks with mild curiosity.

"This is the home of my grandparents," I inform. "They're not home this time of year though."