28. Yesterday

If you enjoy reading my story, and would like a sequel, please show some love by voting, and leave some comments telling me your thoughts about the story so far!

The very moment the door is closed behind us in the car, he grabs me, pulling me into his lap so that I'm straddling him. His hand moves down my back and pulling me closer into him, and our lips are one again. I absolutely love the fact that in public he's an absolute gentleman, and that behind closed doors - quite literally, he is a completely different man. Not that he is any less of a good person, but that in this moment it's clear we share such a strong desire for one another.

The desire I have for him is nothing I can express with words but I know this feeling is rare, and I need to hold onto it dearly. Except I know in my heart that he could never really be completely mine. For these fleeting moments while he is in Australia, he is somewhat mine – and yet I still feel as though I'm sharing him with the world.

He kisses me, though I can't seem to shake these feelings.

He furrows his brows, "What's wrong Ava?" concern etched on his face, picking up on my less eager kisses as my thoughts override everything.

"Nothing..." I lie.

Unconvinced, he takes my chin lightly in his hand and holds it so I'm looking into his eyes. Those green eyes...

"Tell me," he urges strongly, and yet so gently at the same time. He makes me want to tell him, but surely I can't. I don't want to seem like I'm coming on too strong and scare him off.

I close my eyes. Maybe if I'm not looking at him it will make things easier.

I feel his lips connect with the corner of my mouth, "Look at me," he asks of me.

I oblige to his plea, and take a deep breath.

"Can't we just keep kissing instead?" I try, my best attempt at changing the current topic of conversation.

"Not until you tell me."

I really don't want to turn him off me with all of these serious talks so early on, but I don't see how I'm going to talk my way out of this one quite so easily.

"I... I like spending time with you Harry."

"I like spending time with you too," he smiles, holding my hand tenderly and slowly bringing it to his lips.

"I just worry... I worry about what will happen when you leave."

He remains silent.

Oh no! Why have I told him that?

"When are you leaving?" I ask, my insides tightening while I await his response with a sense of dread.

"Yesterday," he replies simply.

Yesterday?

Seeing my confused look, he continues, "I'm meant to be in LA right now, but I wanted to stay here a little longer..."

What? What is he saying?

"With you," he finishes. "I wanted to stay here with you."

I'm about 98% sure that my heart actually stopped right at that very moment as he uttered those words. It makes me so happy to hear that he's stayed for me. For me! It dulls any major doubts, and yet there's still a little part of myself that refuses to believe that he would do all this for me. Except it's only a very small voice in my head, and not strong enough for me to be concerned anymore.

He is here for me and I can't even be honest about my... predicament. Like Scarlett said. Open up, and if he takes it in a negative way, then he just isn't worth it. But he is. He really is.