60. The Brits

I cannot express to you how much it means for you to please vote for my story. It takes less than a second, and it really helps my book to get recognised for the hundreds of hours I've put into writing it. Thank you for absolutely everything 

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan

Instagram: gemma.allan 

Perrie turns to Zayn, and I can tell as soon as she opens her mouth, she didn't realise how loud she was talking over the already loud conversation.

"Who's Max?" Perrie asks, leaning over Zayn's shoulder as he reads a text message, and it seems that I am not the only one who is suddenly intently interested in listening to his response.

Not this again...

I try my best to not react to the shift in conversation, though I feel Harry tense up – almost for a fraction of a second as he sits next to me, and I hope and pray that I am not mentioned within his text message.

Zayn stares at the screen, presumably re reading the message, and then realises that mostly everyone in the car is watching him closely, waiting to see what he says.

"Oh, err nothing much. Just wishing us boys luck, and that he'll see us at the after party," he says, as he locks his phone.

I'm not convinced that is all that was said in the message.

This is confirmed when Zayn flicks me a look of confusion momentarily, and I sink a little bit into my chair.

We pull up to O2 Arena and the sight before my eyes is one that I never thought I would be a part of. The red carpet is teeming with celebrities, journalists, paparazzi, and camera crew. Fans cheer behind the barriers, all hoping to catch a glimpse of their favourite artist. Niall is closest to the door and steps out, and the noise from the fans cheering is instantaneously increased as they realise that One Direction are now here. I step out with Harry and he holds my hand lightly in his hand, giving it his little reassuring squeeze to let me know everything is okay. Instantly, I can see the reporters trying to wrap up their current interviews as they see that the boys have arrived, and we wait at the foot of the red carpet while we await Perrie's band Little Mix. Moments later, they arrive, and we all work towards the area in a little cluster that we have formed.

It is one thing to watch a red carpet screening in the sanctity of your living room, though another thing entirely to experience it yourself. I'd never realised the true extent of the harsh brightness of the combined camera flashes. Harry and I pose against a backdrop of the Brits logo, and soon we hear reporters calling out the One Direction, and the name of each band member to call their attention. I squeeze his hand to grab his attention.

"You go on and do your interviews. I can wait with the girls," I smile. I understand he has his commitments and I can handle being away from him for five minutes.

"You sure babe?" he asks, and I nod and let go of his hand.

"Don't be silly – I'll be fine," I confirm.

I am extremely aware of the camera flashes fixated on us as Harry grabs my head tenderly in between his hands briefly, and pulls my face to his as he kisses me twice on the mouth.

Eleanor taps me on my shoulder, grabbing my attention and I continue to walk down the red carpet with her.

"Wait, what about Sophia?" I say, calling her back.

"She says she's going to wait with Liam," she says, her expression kind of saying it all. It's as it she's saying, "I know," when she sees my own.

This must be a regular occurrence then...