83. Exhausted

I hope you love me for updating less than a day later. Show me by voting and following me on twitter @WordsWithGem. By the way, the attached pic isn't photoshopped but Harry just so happened to be wearing the exact outfit I described from the opening of Ava Rose and was with Kendall. I didn't actually intend for this to happen, but what a lucky coincidence for my story!

Twitter: WordsWithGem 
Snapchat: gemma.allan
Instagram: gemma.allan

I am in shock. My eyes can't seem to peel away from the series of images, almost in the same reaction as witnessing a tragedy. You want everything to end, but you can't seem to look away.

"Babe, I'm so sorry," she says, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I just don't even know what to do," I say, now sobbing. "Why would he do this to me? With her of all people," I say, breaking down.

"Ave, I know," she says, embracing me in a hug. "You just need to be really strong. Don't let him walk over you like this."

"I don't even want to see him right now," I reply through tears. "I can deal with him sleeping with people after we break up, but with her? The one who caused us to break up in the first place? I just feel like I'm going to be sick."

I can see Scarlett is struggling to come up with anything to say because it's just a futile situation with no apparent silver lining. Though the truth is, is that nothing she says will make me feel better, and she knows it.

"The thing that hurts me most," I say, blowing my nose into a tissue, "Is that he made me feel like such a shit person about Luke. Like I was the bad guy in this, and he's probably done even more by the looks of things."

"Is he at your house right now?" she asks, concerned.

"I don't know," I hiccup. "He was sleeping when I left this morning."

"Message him and tell him to get out. That really pisses me off that he's done this. More so for the fact that he made you feel terrible for getting with Luke, when he's out with Kendall of all people."

"What if... what if this is an old photo or something though?" I ask, thinking of any potential possibility that my boyfriend didn't go back to his ex.

"Babe – you need to stop making excuses for him. He's wearing the same clothes he did the night of your opening."

My heart sinks at the revelation, but I know she's right. I think I've always known something wasn't quite right when I didn't understand his reaction to hearing about Luke. But now I do.

Because what he did was worse.

"What does the article say?" I ask, not sure if I want to know what it says.

"Just that..." she begins quietly. "Just that he was seen with her walking into her hotel. And was seen leaving it the next morning..." She almost seems tentative to answer, but know she must tell me everything in order for me to not continue making excuses, or to go running back to someone who is continuing to hurt me.

"I need to message him, don't I?" I say aloud, to which she nods. "Can I have a few moments alone please?" and she leaves the room.

I stare at the blank message screen for a few moments before I begin typing a message.

I need to be strong.

"I want you out of my house before I get home. If you have even an ounce of respect for me left, you won't try to talk to me or see me. I need you gone and out of my life."