Chapter 13

I jerk awake, the sunlight streams in through the tiny window and for a moment I'm disoriented. Then I sigh remembering what happened last night, I freeze and touch my face, I'm crying. Why am I crying? Did I have a bad dream? I can't remember. I stretch and yawn just as the door opens to Lilith.

I turn away ashamed, "Alex I know you didn't mean to."

I remain silent.

"I'll wait until you talk to me."

My silence stretches out in the small space.

"I'm in love with Dean you know."

I glance at her from the corner of my eye, she sits on the cold hard floor in front of my bars.

She takes my glance as a sign to continue, "I do, but I can't tell him. Do you remember a few years ago when I was having family problems and stuff and since you're a wolf now I guess I can tell you? My Grandmother wanted me to go live with her pack, which was my Mum's old pack, they're an actual gang. She said that my Mum had gotten weak from being with my Father, do you know that my Mum and Dad had me eight years before they actually mated?"

"But yeah, my Mum was going to be Alpha of the pack even though she was a Beta, simply because she was so strong, that's how it worked in that pack, strength was more important. So my Mum stayed with her pack but when she got into a fight with my Grandmother she had the mating ceremony with my Dad and became this pack's co-Beta. But my grandma fought really hard to get custody of me and told me a lot of stuff. So now I guess I'm just afraid of being weak after all the things my Grandmother put in my head."

"You think you'll become weak if you mate with Dean?" I ask, still not looking at her.

"Pretty much, I saw my Mum back in those days. She was strong, smart and just badass but now she's a lot tamer. I just... it feels like if I mate with Dean or stay with him that I'll... that I'll change and I'll become weak."

"Why would Dean do that to you?"

"What do you mean? Dean's a Beta, he'll be the pack Beta when we're all older, of course, I'd be overshadowed by him," she says looking away sadly.

"You're being a moron."

"What?"

I turn to face her, "Even if Dean is the Beta it doesn't change the fact your one of the best fighters. It doesn't change the fact you're a Beta as well if anything you both would be stronger because you would support each other and strengthen your weaknesses as a team. The reason your Mum got softer is probably because your Dad is just a pack mate and if anything I think she just wanted a normal life for you, which wouldn't be something you'd have if you stayed with her old pack. Plus Dean cares about you, it's obvious in everything he does. I remember him you know, he used to be a lot like Stag, except less flirty. But now he's basically a shadow and it's because you haven't talked to him, he probably thinks something's wrong with him and that's why you push him away."

"But I...," she looks off.

"If you don't talk to him, how will he ever understand, plus you need to understand where he's coming from as well. So go talk to him."

"But it's too late...,"

"It is never too late to talk. Just go to him idiot."

She gets up and bolts to the door, but just before she leaves she turns around to say, "You're going to be a brilliant Omega, Lex."

With that she bolts up the stairs calling his name, I smile. It only takes a few minutes before I get another visitor and not the twin I was expecting.