Chapter 21

I don't open my eyes for a moment but I move my hand to feel around, I'm on a bed, if it's mine or someone else's, that I'm unsure of. I sit up in bed and toss off the blanket. There's a lot of things that I have to do so I can't be spending my time in bed. I hop from the bed and race out of the room, running into the door frame and hurting my side on the way but I ignore it and continue my race to reach the lounge room. I jump down the stairs about five at a time and dash into the living room, thankfully everyone is there, looking gloomy but I don't have time for these problems.

I lean over and huff before leaning up again, now everyone is looking at me, I point to Envy.

"I'm sorry for everything," I point to Lilith, "I'm also sorry to you," I point to Dean who's holding Lilith's hand, "Your welcome," I then do the eye things where I point at my eyes and then Scalia's and say, "I'm watching you."

Then I turn to Adrian, "I am so sorry for everything, I'll explain everything later."

They all stare at me, their faces pale and their expressions shocked.

I huff before saying, "Now, I'll do this properly later but at the moment I have to go kill my Mother. Laters."

With that I race out the door, silence still behind before I hear Envy and Lilith shout for me to wait. But I don't, running at full speed through the wolf's little town, I pass several houses some with people standing outside watching me weirdly but I still don't have time for that. I run through the forest into town and then all the way through town. At this point, I'm pretty sure my anger is fuelling my stamina and speed because if it had just been normal me five metres away from the house, I'd have given up. Anyway, I eventually reach the forest path to my home and I charge down it until I see my house in view.

At that moment all I could hear was my heartbeat and I know my breathing is erratic but either way, I barge into the closed door and send it flying into the wall. I stand at the entryway, my chest rising and falling fast. I narrow my eyes and see my shocked Mother standing not two metres away from me.

Looking at her every memory she erased or altered floods back to me, the times she kicked me out of the house and made me sit on the steps until she was able to tolerate seeing my face again. The times she threw objects at me and hit me with them, the times she screamed at me blaming me for everything wrong in her life. The times she almost killed me and the cats because she locked us in the house without food for days when she went on cases and took all the technology so I couldn't tell anyone. The time where she slapped me so hard I spit out blood.

I remember that one the most vividly, all I'd done was ask if we had any cat food left and she turned on me. She raised her hand, her eyes turned black and filled with rage and then she slammed her hand against my face, I was stunned for a moment before I had to spit out several mouthfuls of blood and some teeth. I looked at her and she wore a horrified expression, not in concern for me but for what my Grandmother would do to her. She quickly did a healing spell and erased my memory of it but not before she said something to me.

What she said to me was, "Don't tell your Grandmother or I'll never let you have Lilith over again or even let you go to fucking school."

The rage bubble in my chest only grew as I remembered the false memories she planted in my mind, times of her being a loving Mother. Cooking me breakfast, laughing with me while watching movies, playing with the cats. Everything an absolute lie, the worst thing was that she also planted those fake memories in Lilith, because Lilith thought my Mum was awesome. The rage bubble inside of my chest burst and I launch myself at her, knocking us both over but I straddle her hips and bring my hands up to her neck.